When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is up with Italian customs

Guest watchbuff

Guest watchbuff

Just curious, but i had a few projects completed for some Italian folk and I shipped from CONUS and found not once but twice, the shipments were "halted". One was a DJ franken that never made it and the other was parts that made it but was obviously opened by other than the recipient. Of course no info of mine was on the sender's end ( anonymous is my middle name)

I have antoerh Franken that an eager customer is waiting for and perplexed on how to send it. it seems harder to get the "goods" through there and a german blockade to euorope circa 1943 whe the wolfpack's ruled the Atlantic

Italy is notorious for confiscated shipments, and packages stolen in transit. You just have to notice all of the eBay sellers who expressly exclude buyers from Italy to know that there's a problem.

Edited by avitt

I will add to that...

L'ufficio postale e pazzo.....che cazzo fai.... :angry:

Don't send squat to italy unless you are within the EU....

let's see, I have had a gen Dunhill lighter stolen courtesy of them and have had lots of friends "lose" packages within that system.

I have a friend there that I am trying to make contact with to see if he can accomodate any future italian deliveries....I'll let you know.

If I have to get something to Italy I usually take it there personally. Wife once decided she wanted to have the latest Harry Potter book shipped over from UK by Amazon while we were on extended holiday in Italy. By the time it arrived she'd have been quicker getting someone to read it to her over the phone.

Guest watchbuff

So if it was stolen in the mail, I guess tough luck. But if customs seized it, would I get a notice or would the recipient get a notice?

Just curious? The mail phnatom has struck!

So if it was stolen in the mail, I guess tough luck. But if customs seized it, would I get a notice or would the recipient get a notice?

It's more likely that the recipient would receive a extortion letter, asking for the payment of duties/taxes/tariffs. I've had that happen on deliveries to Italy.

This, the last photo taken of Mussolini and his mistress kind of squashes the notion that you might see El Duce

zipping around the streets of Milan on a Vespa. :rolleyes:

mussolini3xe7.jpg

It's not so good ship something to Italy by regular mail.

its better:

==========

registered mail

insured

security label on the side of the package (never had problem this way).

==========

But if you put a Rolex franken in a regular mail package... you might lost it! :angry:

I think that Non-Eu countries are black listed. Everythings comes from there, its stopped in Milano-Roserio Hub, where they check the package.

Eu countries => no problem!