When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Tech info.-CD FS

offshore

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another quick heads up.

Have had a few probs burning CD's, in fact, in the last 5 minutes, my CD burner, (an old 1998 model,) just packed it in, so I am off to the 'puter shop for a new one this morning.

I'm convinced it is hardware related, but this may set me back a couple of days in processing all the needs.

Also, have had a late "rush of blood" with orders, so a bit more work to be done!!

Will keep all informed here.

Offshore

Further update-

Payments now received from- ar0401,toadtorrent,Sherrington, Phaedo,nrg,moppel,coltair,scoobs,Logan, steppen.

Thanks guys.(Anyone else who beleives they have paid, please advise...but I reckon I'm up to date)

As I said earlier, have run into a minor hiccup burning copies. One of my computers is trashed and away, being repaired/updated, but I am told it won't be back till Friday! (They have also taken my two other CD-R/RW units from my other computer to repair/upgrade)

All the files are saved and OK, and I have backups on each of the original CD's.

So many apologies in dragging this out, but I can't push them any harder.

I have blank CD's, mailers, customs dec forms,all filled out, ready for posting, as soon as I have product to ship.

Anyone with any dramas with all this- just yell!

Don't worry guys, you'll get your christmas stocking stuffers!

Offshore

I am happy to report, that after much teeth gnashing, beating fists on the computer shop counter, and expense to the management....the CD rollout has commenced.

Hope they all get to their prospective owners for Christmas, if not you should see 'em before New Year.

The first "burns" were mailed today, and hopefully the balance will post tomorrow.

As a little bonus.....I happened to lay my grubby hands on a set of service and parts manuals for Bulova Accutron "Tuning Fork" models. These too have been scanned, filed to PDF and burned. So each one of you, is getting a little bonus Christmas gift from RWG.

Hope everyone has Adobe reader... (who hasn't), 'cos you will need it to open these volumes of files.

And I really hope you have a bit of spare time on your hands, as there is an absolute mass of info to read and digest in all this stuff.

So the following are those to receive CD's.

ar0401,toadtorrent,Sherrington, Phaedo,nrg,moppel,coltair,scoobs,Logan, steppen, ziggy, cornerstone, D4Me,klocklind,camiel,and fxRandy.

Anyone else who beleives they are owed one, or if anyone wants to make a late charge, please PM me whilst the burner is running hot.

Happy Christmas reading all!

Offshore

PS I'll organise the donation to RWG in the New Year.

@phaedo, Yeh I thought so to, 'specially when some of this info is not readily obtainable.

c'est la vie!

So a final update. I have now completed burning all CD's and DVD's. Those of you receiving the ETA info will get 2 x discs, with the ETA info on DVD. (Just too big to pull back to a CD!)

All of the balance will got to mail tomorow am, (7pm Tuesday now in Oz)

Hope they all make it for some holiday reading and learning. Will confess to a limited level of QC,.... after the first few burned OK, I just checked that the files were present on the balance, so if anyone has any issues, please PM.

Any other starters now, will need to be quick out of the blocks, to catch this run.

Enjoy.

Offshore

A final up date.

Just in from the madness that is Christmas shopping..... Wow some people really do get into "car park rage", and amazingly most of the cursing I heard was from the female gender.

Took 20 mins to find a park, 40 mins in a queue to get to the counter at the Post office, and another 20 to stamp and process all the mailers! Think my blood pressure was up a bit to!

Anyway, ALL CD's, DVD's are now in the mail (12.30pm Wednesday-Oz time)

So I trust the mailman is "speedy"

Enjoy people!

Offshore

Good news, The CD and DVD arrived today. Damn Australia post, 9 days (sure some of it was holidays) for it to get interstate - have had stuff arrive from other countries faster! But it has arrived now, thanks a lot Offshore, looks to be a lot of information on there. Could take a while to get through it all, but at the end of it maybe I can open up my own repair shop. Or not. At least I should be able to give my own watches a proper service and know it has been done right!

Cheers.

Hi folks,

I need some help.

I received the CD about a week ago. I ordered the OMEGA part and TZ. But I only found one file on the CD named "Resume2 Aug 07".

So there must have gone something wrong while burning :huh:

I sent Offshore a PM but haven't received a reply yet. I guess he is on vacation.

Is there any way that one of you guys can sent me these two parts ( OMEGA and TZ ), or maybe put them on a server so that I can download them?

Or maybe there is a member from Germany who can send me a copy.

I am sure that Offshore will reply to my PM when he is back. But I just don't wanna bother him with sending a new CD half around the globe.

On page one and two of this thread you can see my order and Offshores reply that "Moppel" has done the payment....just in case....

Many thanks.

Moppel