When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What straps for OEM look and feel?

ZainoDetail

As the title states, I'm wondering what straps on the market are most like the OEM in look and feel. I now have a Savage custom made strap that I'm absolutely in love with but there are times when it's too bulky to comfortably wear with a dress shirt.

I've looked at several AD's at the OEM straps and can't say that I'm particularly blown away by them...but that it'd be nice to have a slimmer strap for tucking away under a dress shirt.

I currently have a Bob gator strap that I wear on my 212 that I somewhat disliked when I first got it becuase it was thin...but after looking at the OEM straps it actually seems very close to the OEM specs.

Are there others out there other than BOB to look into as well (Don comes to mind) that make a nice quality but thin OEM wearing strap?

if you are looking for good quality, thinner straps, the mf straps come to mind. here is a link to their vintage 1942 strap...

personally, i think most pams look better on straps that are a bit thicker (ie. 4mm). however, i have my 183 on a watch boys gator, which is thinner and looks great imho.

dsc00159jm8.jpg

but generally, if i'm looking for a dressier look, i'll wear a dressier watch. :victory:

just my $0.02...

deltatahoe

Just wait for our Strap Queen Victoria chiming in... :D

Wait, when did I go from a Mademoiselle, a sweet virgin waif, to a Queen, a menacing old woman with a plastic handbag? :lol::g::lol:

Thanks, Sssurfer. :)

I PMed ZainoDetail shortly after seeing his intro post. In fact, I PMed another member who suggested the same as I did, to tease him about great strapista minds thinking alike! So we're all agreed?

Manifatture Firenze for that OEM-look. It's pricey, and they are not quick. Also, their comms are lacking fluency for English-speakers.

(And so what! Italian is the lingua franca of the Paneristi. WE should be speaking in Italian to them!) :p

https://www.manifatturefirenze.it/home.php

This was my specific suggestion (I have one):

mfblackvh9.jpg

https://www.manifatturefirenze.it/home.php/...cat/44/idart/23

Item Code: A1-211

EC Price : € 76.80

Extra EC Price : € 64.00* (~US$ 93)

But I also said to check out the Risti Accessories corner (which Zaino knew well already), for cut-rate OEM straps. They are sometimes very affordably priced at under U$100. MF too, of course. :)