When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ziggy/Chieftang Eyecandy

Jawo

I finally got my watches back after a seemingly long and eager wait. I sent 3 watches over to The Zigmeister and took participation in Chieftang's latest AR run. I look at them with amazement and forget that they are not the real deal.

Angus' 111E

Without a question, I think that this version is one of the best out there. The spacing of the L Swiss L is simply outstanding. The crown is thick and snug against the case. The crown lever pin is flat like it should be. The only critisism I have read is the inaccuracy of the lume. The color should be closer to white and no superlumiova is applied by Angus. The fix? Simply a visit to The Zigmeister. He used a mixture of 30% C1 and 70% C3. The result is spectacular. The luminosity is as good as straight C3. Have a look:

111E1.jpg

111E3.jpg

111E4.jpg

IWC 3717 From Andrew

A lot of time an money has been spent on this watch. The Zigmeister has put in a Swiss ETA, relumed the hands and dial and swapped out the datewheels with the ETA version. The crystal was sent to Chieftang for a double AR coating. This rep is perhaps my favorite of all my reps. The accuracy to the gen is uncanny. The coating of the AR is phenomenal and not too overpowering. To give it that extra special touch, I paired it with a custom made strap from HKTan.

3717-1.jpg

3717-2.jpg

3717-3.jpg

Navtimer World GMT from Joshua

Since I could not find a ETA 7753 for a good price, I decided the next best thing was to send it off to The Zigmeister for a full servicing. He also swapped out the datewheel and relumed the hands and dial. The crystal was sent off to Chieftang for the double AR coating. This rep is paired to a genuine Breitling leather strap. One of my first and favorite reps.

NTW1.jpg

NTW2.jpg

box.jpg

Thank you very much The Zigmeister and Chieftang for your fine work and dedication. I think the pictures speak for themselves.

Jawo

Beautiful!!! I have the same Navitimer World GMT with Chieftang's double AR crystal and the result is stunning. Could I see a lume shot of the GMT if you dont mind?

Sorry sorry, didn't mean to give a bad spelling, it happened when I scrolled with the red pointer-thingy on my Thinkpad. :bangin: So beautyful work done on these watches. Makes all the difference....

Hi,

How did Ziggy fix the sunken datewheel?

From the photos it looks perfect!

Thanks

There is no sunken datewheel problem on a 7750 layout, the sunken datewheel is a problem on the A7753 version with subdials at 3-6-9.

@ Jawo,

They look FABULOUS and I am happy your pleased with the results. Wear them well and my pleasure as always.

RG