When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Lady wearing a Pam 104

hambone

Today I spoke to a pleasant couple from London, and noticed the rather large watch on the lady. It sure as heck

looked like a Panerai and I asked "Is that a Panerai or a Buick?" She said yes, it was in fact a 104 automatic and that anyone who inquires, which is rare asks the very same question. She said they were hard to find in London, mostly at Harrods. I complimented her on her superb taste in watches, offered them a glimpse of my HBB, which made them smile, and directed them to Tourneau which has a new large inventory of Panerai and Ferrari watches. They were ready to get another.

It was interesting to see a woman wearing a gen Pam 104. Although it looked large, it looked pretty damn good, and

very stylish on the lady. B)

Gee Hambone, thats really interesting. Thanks for sharing this amazing tale . :smartass:

Gee Hambone, thats really interesting. Thanks for sharing this amazing tale.

:p

Hey, what did you want! You revealed you saw a lovely lady wearing a Panerai in a place all of us want to be in -- Vegas.

Moreover, said woman was stylish & British, she was wearing a gen Panerai, and shopped at Harrods AND might be in the market for yet another pricey watch. I love her already! But other guys probably had a really bad scare. :lol:

Maybe switch watches to the gorgeous Assioma tomorrow, and see if you can engage the couple in another convo. They sound distant (I would be too), but with watches, you're in there.

Did that lady look like this? :p

2063713585_71bd6dbc69_o.jpg

Ooh, she's lovely! I have a very similar handbag!

But womanlike, I have to point out a HUGE turnoff. I hate people who wear their watches loosely like that.

In her case, it looks like she's mistaken her Panerai for a Bvlgari bracelet. I don't care for people who don't honour what the PAM stands for. It's just a fashion accessory. :(

She is a very pretty woman but she was not the one. I see nothing wrong at all with how the watch is worn whether it be loose, tight, or upside down. To each his or her own.

Does that mean to be historically accurate and show true appreciation for the brand I have to wear my Pam so tight I cut off circulation to my hand?

I think in some people's cases, that would be a nice start.

:lol:

No, guys, my awkward paragraphs made you misunderstand. One thought is that I personally hate people who wear their watches loosely. The next thought is that she's wearing her Panerai like I would wear a beautiful but insignificant bracelet, out for the night.

It is the latter to which I object, and no amount of "to each their own" will wrestle this from my personal dictum on the matter. Panerai watches are not fashion accessories for me.

I think in some people's cases, that would be a nice start.

:lol:

No, guys, my awkward paragraphs made you misunderstand. One thought is that I personally hate people who wear their watches loosely. The next thought is that she's wearing her Panerai like I would wear a beautiful but insignificant bracelet, out for the night.

It is the latter to which I object, and no amount of "to each their own" will wrestle this from my personal dictum on the matter. Panerai watches are not fashion accessories for me.

Well to each their own ;)

I think Panerai watches are a mighty fine fashion accessory, like one of those beanie hats with a propeller

on top. :clap3: