When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do You Let Your Chronos Run?

BenWaaaaah

Chorno preference  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you let you chrono(s) run?

• All the time
    • Sometimes
    • Never - it looks silly

I have my lovely Pam 192 and the chorno at 9:00 runs all the time, but the main second hand can be stopped and started. I have no idea what the protocol is - do people let them both run or not? Right now I have the second hand stopped at 12:00. I think both running is just too busy... :Jumpy:

TIA

I normally just keep the chrono hand at 12 and let the running seconds do its job. I use the chrono alot though, timing steaks, how long to drive from here to there, timing appointments w/ clients, etc. Yeah, it's a toy and it's still novel. I would be careful with the asian 7750 though. It's brobably best to use it only in an emergency (if it's possible to have a chrono emergency :lol: ).

I have recently starting allowing my chronos to run... I actually prefer

to look at all the subdials and chrono hand, working rather that seeing them frozen...

Besides, if you carefully read through The Zigmeister's volumes his opinion

is that using the chronos is A-Ok, as long as you know what you

are doing.

Whenever I want to time an event, I simply push the reset button...

I also find that it does little to decrease my power reserve..

I wish I would have done this when I received my first iwc gst.. I would

still have now.. but traded away just because the 12hr subdial lost

brake.... :wounded1: Live & learn..

Not to worry though I have four more in transit... two for fellow members.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It 's not that I want to run them all the time. I simply expect them to work - rep or gen. No one has ever asked to inspect my watch to see if it is a rep. But on several occasions I have been asked to time something or someone. Fortunately, mine always do work or I am not wearing them. I do check both gens and reps typically whenever I put them on for the first time in a while. I would feel silly if my "chrono" isn't a chrono. And for the record, all of my gen chronos have always functioned fine. Maybe I am just lucky. :)

I don't like to let them run for basically one reason. If someone says, "hey your watch is broken, why isn't the second hand moving" or "hey thats a fake watch the second hand doesn't even work" I can call them out as being an imposter and not knowing crap about watches! :bicycle:

Beleive it or not I've had this happen on more than one occasion!

Jon :victory:

Nope, I like to leave it frozen to see how many ignoramuses point at the watch and say "Hey, your watch is broken", having said that, I do use the chrono function often, timing things from how long it takes for me to get from one point to another, how long i've been biking/running, it actually can be quite useful at times. :)