When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The name is Scrooge, Ebeneezer Scrooge

jkerouac

OK, I enjoyed the Christmas skin for a while ....... but finally I couldn't take it any longer and forced a switch back to the classic RWG skin.

It's not that I'm a total scrooge, just that the countdown clock was making me really tense every time I looked at it.

I really, really do not want to be reminded how many days, hours, minutes, and seconds are left to shop for Christmas presents and send out Christmas cards. I have always been and always will be a last minute shopper and card writer.

By the way, if Bond, James Bond is wearing the latest Planet Oceans these days, I wonder what watch Scrooge, Ebeneezer Scrooge would wear? It would have to be fairly precise so he could be certain that Bob Cratchit isn't cutting out early from work to be with that Tim varmint or his other critters. :o

:lol:

I wonder what watch Scrooge, Ebeneezer Scrooge would wear? It would have to be fairly precise so he could be certain that Bob Cratchit isn't cutting out early from work to be with that Tim varmint or his other critters. :o

In the book he has a clock:

"To his great astonishment the heavy bell went on from six to seven, and from seven to eight, and regularly up to twelve; then stopped. Twelve. It was past two when he went to bed. The clock was wrong. An icicle must have got into the works. Twelve.

He touched the spring of his repeater, to correct this most preposterous clock. Its rapid little pulse beat twelve: and stopped."

Obviously drop-shipped then I take it... :p