When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Twins

Watchmeister

Here are the twins. Added a couple of gen parts. :smile: Really not much else to say except that luming is an art and Ziggy is an artist. One has the gen dial and the other has a Ziggy relume. Lume coloring and consistency is perfect and the glow is every bit as good. Thanks again for another fun project.

IMGP1287.jpg

IMGP1284.jpg

IMGP1270.jpg

IMGP1276.jpg

I bought the gen dial as much out of curiousity as any other reason. As rep dials go this one is really good - not perfect of course. The shape, location and bezel of the hour markers is excellent although the hour marker bezels appear a tad "tinny" relative to the gen. The 6, 12 and 9 appear very close in terms of font but perhaps a little thicker on the rep. But I can't be sure as the rep dial is the orange one and it is certainly possible that those numbers are a little thicker when they went to orange. If you are staring at the two dials at the same time what does jump out at you first is the Omega logo. It is a little misshapen and a little too "chromy" like the bezel markers on the rep of course. On the rep dial it looks like the logo has been pasted on. On the gen it is a little less shiny and seems to be more "embedded" into the dial. The date window is good but not perfect. The slightly different bevel makes the gen window appear to be bigger but it takes some staring at both at the same time to conclude that.I had bought only one dial as a test. I don't think I would spend the money on a gen dial for the other. They are excellent reps. And I did meander by an AD and look at a PO with the other one on my wrist. Not to try and fool the AD but just to get a sense of the differences. I do have to say that the AR that came on the rep is really not bad relative to the gen. I will get them double AR at some point I think but it is not blatantly obvious. Apologies for the words rather than pictures but I am no Ansel Adams. :laugh:

On the gen lume versus relume it is is unbelievably good as one would expect. Ziggy managed to fill in the markers and hands perfectly without "spilling over" as can happen with less competent folks. I have no idea what color it is on both but the color matches up perfectly to the gen. The luminosity is also every bit as good. In fact Ziggy's might be a tad better based on looking at the dials with a full charge and after 1 and 2 hours. I don't know if it is scientifically true but it may be due there being a tad more lume on the markers on the rep. If you throw on a 10x loupe it still looks incredibly good. You will see a difference on how the "top" of the lumed marker bathtubs is formed. Although Ziggy's is beautiful and is smooth with no divets, Omega, like most manufacturers, is spraying its lume mechanically and so it is perfectly flat. Ziggy has mentioned many times that this will always be an issue. But IMHO, reluming the rep dial is a must.