When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My next gen purchase

UB7

Hey guys, i'm debating whether to get a gen graphite chronomat evo on leather band for around $2,9 or should I save some $ and get an Omega SpeedMaster chrono for $1,9, I really like this model, does anyone have this gen? Help me decide which route to go! I can save about a G if I go the Omega route but do I want to dish out the extra $ to get a Breitling? What would you do?

3211.31.00.jpg

OR

BreitlingA13356GREYBLKBUFFBA_big.jpg

Yes unfortunately the only real AD in my area (Frank Adams) doesn't stock Breitlings, but when I went a few days ago the owner said he has a friend who has them and he could get one for me...So three days later he called me back and said unfortunately he cant get his hands on one, it's there most popular watch...Tourneau down in the city has 4 of them...However I really like that Speedmaster, what dial do you like best for that model? The all white is nice, but the white w/ black subdial is awesome IMO...The AD does have omega's so I could try it on there but I'm probably going to wind up getting it on the web...You also have to consider that going with the omega could save me a large sum of $, in fact I could go buy the speed master and a used datejust for the price of a chronomat evo, but I think I really like the idea of getting the omega and just saving some $ + the speedmaster is a very nice watch

I'd love to hear some more opinions about this 1 before I go out and spend $, has anyone heard any good/bad things about these speedmaster's? Would you take this watch over a gen SMP chrono?cI could spend a little more $ and get a used Rolex submariner or GMT, or a Breitling BCE? But buying new has alot of advantages over used, I get the warranty which is very important..Can anyone chime in on this? I really like the speedmaster but cant seem to dig up any reviews, or any decent info on google, and definitly no info here on the forums because this speedmaster is not repped...Thanks in advance

UB7, why not invest some time reading at Timezone? You can find anything and everything about the Breitling and Omega at their respective dedicated forums. There is a wealth of info there plus owner reviews.

If buying used, Rlx is a darn good bet. They are simple watches and tough as nails. Every few years have it serviced by RSC and you'll basically have a new watch with warranty. The Sea-Dweller is approximately the same price as the Submariner, far less common and built like a tank. The lack of the cyclops is also more attractive in my view.

With regard to the Breit, it's a bit of cash for a Valjoux 7750, IMO.

Take your time and check everything out. There is little reason to rush. :smile:

I agree on the no need to rush - and on checking out TimeZone.

I'd go for the Chrono Evo b/c I've seen them at the AD and they are stunning - that is if you can afford the extra G. If that is your top watch, but the $ is holding you back, wait a month or so to bank some extra cash then go for it! Of course it comes down to your personal style, if you like the less expensive watch, dont even think about the Chrono Evo then. That said, the going "theme" is that you should save up for the one you really want.

• 2 weeks later...

For what its worth, I have 2 gen breitlings and feel they are one of the best gens for the money that you can get. They are really stunning timepeices and I recieve a least a few compliments everytime I wear one. They are my favorite watch under 10k. I would highly reccomend them to anyone thinking about getting one.