When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

And another Yacht Master pictorial

scoobs1971

Last Friday a nice package from China arrived with the Rolex Yachtmaster from Angus. So far I've never been a Rolex adept, but seeing this beauty made me fall in love for the first time... :wub:

img0401nx2.jpg

img0395de5.jpg

img0423wd5.jpg

img0386zo7.jpg

This watch have been reviewed several times, so no need for me to do the same:

By-Tor http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=60984

Bklm1234 http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=52401

Stephane http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=60360

Some remarks:

- when I received the watch the gasket was preventing the crown to be screwed open. But after some gentle pushing and screwing the crown got out and I could set date and time. It's still not perfect, so I think I have to open the caseback and reinstall the crown and gasket;

- the bezel is working perfectly and is not too loose as with By-Tor's watch;

- when I compare dial pics of the 21j-version (By-Tor/Stephane) and mine, theirs look a bit more silvery and 'sparkly', while mine look between silver and champagne/yellowish and less 'sparkly'. I've also checked at the local AD and altough it had a lot of lighting on it the gen resembled more the 21j-version. So maybe there is a slight difference in dial color/texture between the 21j-version and ETA-version. EDIT: I was right after all. The new Angus dial is more silverish and sparkling.

- the 9 marker seems slighly off-axis, but only noticable on macro pics;

- the laser etched crown on the sapphire looks a bit too obvious to me, which I couldn't notice on the gen at the AD;

EDIT: the crystal passed the waterdrop test...

- the movement is running a bit too fast (approx. 40" a day), so I'm going to regulate it;

- the sun was shining through my window and I charged the YM and my 'ultimate' PAM111e. After 5 minutes in the dark the same amount of luminescence was left;

- this is the first time that I could resize a bracelet this easy!

Edited by scoobs1971

img0386xs7.jpg

:tu:

- when I compare dial pics of the 21j-version (By-Tor/Stephane) and mine, theirs look a bit more silvery and 'sparkly', while mine look between silver and champagne/yellowish and less 'sparkly'.

I read you went to an AD, but when I held a gen Yachtie in my hands, it more closely resembled what you have above. More "champagne" than silvery-sparkly.

It did sparkle though.

I read you went to an AD, but when I held a gen Yachtie in my hands, it more closely resembled what you have above. More "champagne" than silvery-sparkly.

It did sparkle though.

Thnx, Vic. It's very possible that the lighting at the AD affected the dial color. I was hoping to hear from somebody who had one in his/her hands ;)

Hey Scoobs,

Nice idea that you post yours.

Cool to see different versions and there are never too many reviews on RWG !!!

Actually there should be more and more reviews...

So thank you very much for your time and efforts to share your new baby with us.

Cheers

Stephane

EDIT: Forgot to mention that mine seems Yellowish aswell in certain pictures but not in real life.

Brilliant review Scoobs!!!

Glad you're enjoying your YM. This watch was a real surprise to me (and probably to Stephane too). I mean surprisingly nice... and probably the best value for money rep I've ever bought.

Brilliant review Scoobs!!!

Glad you're enjoying your YM. This watch was a real surprise to me (and probably to Stephane too). I mean surprisingly nice... and probably the best value for money rep I've ever bought.

This watch was also a big surpise to me! I can even imagine that people won't ask if it's a fake since it looks so luxureous and 'real'. But I'll find out soon enough.... :)

What do you think of the lasered crown on the sapphire? Does it look too obvious or is it the same as the real thing?

I'm also wondering how a gen looks in daylight so I can really know if the dial color is right. Unfortunately the AD wouldn't let me take the watch outside, hahaha.

@jiro & Bklm1234: are yours 21j or ETA?

@scoobs: My watch doesn't seem to have the etching at all. At least I can't see it. Since they come from the same factory I suspect it's similar as on the Noobmariner (almost invisible).

But it didn't show in my photos at all. Maybe there is no etching?

@BT and Scoobs

I checked mine so you know.

100% Invisible with naked eye.

When taking a 10x loupe, you need to search for it but it's there.

(Reminder: mine is a full noob, Asian 21 from Narika).

Hmmm, it's very visible on my second pic. So I guess there are some more differences between the 21j and the ETA. Unless I got the older version instead of the one from the 'Noobfactory'. Can you guys see that from my pics?

Hmmm, it's very visible on my second pic. So I guess there are some more differences between the 21j and the ETA. Unless I got the older version instead of the one from the 'Noobfactory'. Can you guys see that from my pics?

I'd love to be able to see this from your pics ...but I'm really far from having an Eagle Eye.

Maybe BT could tell. I'm very fresh in YM and doesn't know nothing about the various versions.

Sorry Scoobs.

@scoobs: My watch doesn't seem to have the etching at all. At least I can't see it. Since they come from the same factory I suspect it's similar as on the Noobmariner (almost invisible).

But it didn't show in my photos at all. Maybe there is no etching?

So did yours passed the waterdrop test? I'm curious if the 21j has real sapphire too.

• 1 month later...

Since I got this watch I haven't been completely sure about the dial colour, so I've ordered a separate dial from Angus.

Guess what? Different dial colour. The new dials are more silverish and sparkling. So I guess I was right after all. In the pic the new and correct dial is already in the watch and the old dial is sitting next to it. Note that the new dial looks slightly reddish on the pic due to the lighting.

I would suggest to ask Angus for the updated dial when ordering the YM from him.

post-4081-1202036233_thumb.jpg