When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cortbert/rolex Movement For Vintage Panerai

slay

got this today was hard to get a hold of! dont know if I will continue with the project or not, as I have spent too much money already... the movement is simnply gorgeous! EXACTLY the one Rolex used in the Vintage Panerai (notice that theres no jewel on the Hour wheel, exactly as it was with the movements Rolex used in the Panerai watches...also the regulator is the exact same as in the proginal Vintage Pannys!!)... Cortbert produced the movements and Rolex bought them and put their name on it, so ALL of them ,even those in Panerais which are Rolex signed, are in fact Cortbert!

64074-34113.jpg

Actually, you have a perfect rep of the Kampschwimmer movement. Way back when, Rolex insisted on taking their name off the bridge when they found out where the watches were going. They wanted nothing to do with it. :)

Strike that comment. They didn't strike the Rolex brand from the movement, they took the PAM barnding name off the dial. After all, what is a watch company to do when you're country switches sides and you are long inventory.

Stunning movement. Congratulations. :3a:

Beautiful... good luck with your project ;)

BTW, Panerai was using COrtebert 618 cal wich is different than your movement (17jewels, center jewel etc)

Photos:

64367-34056.jpg

64367-34057.jpg

According to my reference, they were NOT, see this:

64367-34058.jpg

I have a contact in the Ukraine who is trying to source the older Molnija movts from the 1950's which were much better made and finished than the current ones. They have the same type winding gears as the Rolex and are a very good and cheaper alternative. ExWatchmaster has used one in his 47mm vintage watch. Nice thing is these will be very cheap - maybe only $50-100 or even less.

I also have a possibilty of doing the full sized crystal in Polycarbonate for a reasonable price. I know its not plexi but unless you want to pay 220eu then this is a better alternative and is still plastic!!!

I have a contact in the Ukraine who is trying to source the older Molnija movts from the 1950's which were much better made and finished than the current ones. They have the same type winding gears as the Rolex and are a very good and cheaper alternative. ExWatchmaster has used one in his 47mm vintage watch. Nice thing is these will be very cheap - maybe only $50-100 or even less.

I also have a possibilty of doing the full sized crystal in Polycarbonate for a reasonable price. I know its not plexi but unless you want to pay 220eu then this is a better alternative and is still plastic!!!

Keep us updated, I still want to own a 'vintage' Panerai.

I have a contact in the Ukraine who is trying to source the older Molnija movts from the 1950's which were much better made and finished than the current ones. They have the same type winding gears as the Rolex and are a very good and cheaper alternative.

Mark don't want to disappoint you but had one of this movements and died in two weeks (the only movement that died in my hands) :wounded1:

Mark,

please keep me updated. I would be interested in one mvt. for my MM watch. Maybe you can send a pic of these items?

Pm appreciated. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

All the best

Frank

Mark don't want to disappoint you but had one of this movements and died in two weeks (the only movement that died in my hands) :wounded1:

V- I know this can happen but the older Moljina movts were very well made - as good as the Cortebert (which I am told was a Russian company originally). Easy to fix a non working handwounder anyway so I am not bothered.

Will post updates about this when I have more news.