When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Getting In Touch With Niel (ttk)

Category 5

I paypal'd Niel some money for a rep that it appears he only had one of. I saw on another forum that it was sold before I paypaled my money 9but the forum i ordered it from had no such indicator). Anyway, I tried top e-mail him at the paypal e-mail address, as well as a PM but got no response.

If his intent is to get ahold of another watch and send it then that would be great...otherwise, i would like the money back. Either way it's fine, I just need some kind of response from him regarding what's going to happen.

Anybody know the best way to get in touch with him?

I paypal'd Niel some money for a rep that it appears he only had one of. I saw on another forum that it was sold before I paypaled my money 9but the forum i ordered it from had no such indicator). Anyway, I tried top e-mail him at the paypal e-mail address, as well as a PM but got no response.

If his intent is to get ahold of another watch and send it then that would be great...otherwise, i would like the money back. Either way it's fine, I just need some kind of response from him regarding what's going to happen.

He is posting frequently on this forum, so, just stick around.

Getting in touch with Neil (TTK) should not be a problem: he's one of the touchiest guys here. Feeliest too.

Useless to PM him, though - has turned it off: too much fan-mail to even read.

But don't worry - Neil's the man, oldest dealer on the board - always comes though - good as gold - you're in the best of hands - always my favorite: a gentleman, a scholar and according to Miss Understood, 'a gorgeous hunk!'

64996-33891.jpg

If his intent is to get a hold of another watch and send it then that would be great...otherwise, i would like the money back. Either way it's fine, I just need some kind of response from him regarding what's going to happen.

Don't panic - Neil is not a mass-market dealer like some others. He prefers to hand-pick his items, so often will only take one intitial sample to see if it is any good and to guauge demand. This means you will often get unusual items from him that others who sell in bulk simply won't carry. Unfortunately it also means he can get caught out when demand is high. If he can get you another one then he will, but that doesn't mean just lifting another one from stock - it means finding another of the same standard (a service you will never get from the drop-shippers). Sometimes though it will also mean disappointment if he can't source an equivalent.

One you can be sure of though is that he won't keep your money if you are not satisfied with his service.

A point to note - make sure that in any communications with him you let him know any aliases you may go under in the forums. It's hard for anyone to keep track of three complaints in three forums from three different id's which in fact all originated from the same person!!

He prefers to hand-pick his items, so often will only take one intitial sample to see if it is any good and to guauge demand. This means you will often get unusual items from him that others who sell in bulk simply won't carry. Unfortunately it also means he can get caught out when demand is high. If he can get you another one then he will, but that doesn't mean just lifting another one from stock - it means finding another of the same standard (a service you will never get from the drop-shippers).

Isn't this basically what everyone was angry with Paul @ Aspire about during the first "CRAZY SALE"?

Edited by Craytonic

Taking money for something not in stock and then purchasing to fill the order? What is the difference?

That's not how Neil works. Neil says "I have this watch" and puts a buy now button on it. Obviously, he has to sleep sometimes, as the blood of virgins that sustains him still means he needs 2 hours of sleep-like-torpour hanging from the rafters of the Thai Boxing arenas he haunts. While he 'sleeps', someone else can come along and click the buy now again. In this case, Neil usually refunds the person immediately, but on occasion may say "Want me to look one out for you?"

The difference is, in my opinion, vast.

Do not pm him or email his paypal address.

Check out his dealer section. He has a ttk.xxxxxxx@gmail.com (find it out yourself)

Neil always delivers, so you don't have to worry about this part, but he is pretty much selling his watches as is. Don't expect him to fix any problem in a timely manner.

Neil always delivers

It's funny, but Neil is the dealer here most capable of defending himself, yet there are always people willing to stand up and defend him, like you or me. It's not like he needs it. :D

Maybe once anyone has seen him work at making something right, you understand that while he may be on his own timetable, there's not a scamming bone in his body, and his product is of exceptional quality.

That's not how Neil works. Neil says "I have this watch" and puts a buy now button on it. Obviously, he has to sleep sometimes, as the blood of virgins that sustains him still means he needs 2 hours of sleep-like-torpour hanging from the rafters of the Thai Boxing arenas he haunts. While he 'sleeps', someone else can come along and click the buy now again. In this case, Neil usually refunds the person immediately, but on occasion may say "Want me to look one out for you?"

Looks like the refund here was a little less than immediate (these threads show up somewhat frequently as well).

It be simple to create a little checkout system that limits the # of times an item can be purchased. Operating like this on sales seems to put the cart before the horse when it comes to payment.

Edited by Craytonic

It's funny, but Neil is the dealer here most capable of defending himself, yet there are always people willing to stand up and defend him, like you or me. It's not like he needs it. :D

Indeed. How many of the other dealers actually bother to come in here for anything but posting another half dozen offers or so in 'their' section?! At least Neil does more than just use this place as a cheap shopfront..

Maybe once anyone has seen him work at making something right, you understand that while he may be on his own timetable, there's not a scamming bone in his body, and his product is of exceptional quality.

Hear here! As I said, he's not a mass market dealer, so comparing him to this is just nonsense. "One single order for xx pieces. The customer save a lot of money"?! More like the customer is a scammer who is about to sell these on ebay as genuines. That is just so so far away from how TTK runs his operations it is unbelievable.

Another point to note - Neil is one of the few dealers still able to accept PayPal (probably the most customer friendly payment method) and maintaining that status is very important to him and his customers. Having funds flying back and forward will raise the attention of the PayPal police and that will be no good for anyone concerned. Sometimes you would be better accepting a small delay in receiving your watch, or consider taking an alternative than raising a stink and wanting an instant refund.

Edited by r11co

It be simple to create a little checkout system that limits the # of times an item can be purchased. Operating like this on sales seems to put the cart before the horse when it comes to payment.

Not as far as these forum pages are concerned it isnt!!!!!!!!!

Tho wonderful it would be

Instead of a linking directly to paypal link to a site you host somewhere (you can get hosting for dirt cheap these days) and have a little checkout cart app and a simple inventory system and you are good to go!

Let me just say I'm working on a paypal integrated ... something ... that has an inventory system and it's non-trivial. Interesting and chellenging, yes. Trivial, no. It's all to do with verifying that the person actually goes through with the payment, and doing so without hosting anything with paypal.

There's a set of APIs and they are not drop-in. It's not something you can do on a regular bit of free webspace. You need CGI/DB access.

Hello, Reg! Fancy meeting you here. :D

Let me just say I'm working on a paypal integrated ... something ... that has an inventory system and it's non-trivial. Interesting and chellenging, yes. Trivial, no. It's all to do with verifying that the person actually goes through with the payment, and doing so without hosting anything with paypal.

There's a set of APIs and they are not drop-in. It's not something you can do on a regular bit of free webspace. You need CGI/DB access.

Hello, Reg! Fancy meeting you here. :D

I did say dirt cheap, not free :) I have both where I host my stuff (nothing major) and @ minimal cost (probably will cost me more to have lunch today than host for a month).

I did say dirt cheap, not free :) I have both where I host my stuff (nothing major) and @ minimal cost (probably will cost me more to have lunch today than host for a month).

Coo, how are you getting on with the Paypal APIs?

Do not pm him or email his paypal address.

Check out his dealer section. He has a ttk.xxxxxxx@gmail.com (find it out yourself)

Neil always delivers, so you don't have to worry about this part, but he is pretty much selling his watches as is. Don't expect him to fix any problem in a timely manner.

It doesn't seem too easy top find for me...I see no e-mail address anywhere in his section. Care to point it out as a favor?