When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Making Your Own Strap

Guest JOHN PERCY

Guest JOHN PERCY

Does anyone know of a site(s) where they give detailed instructions on how to make a leather watch strap. I have a few old leather items that would suit being turned into a watch strap and I would love to make an attempt at it

well i am in search of that site for about 6 months...and still haven't found one...

my advise is to buy yourself a book that speaks about leathercraf and sewing....there you can find all the needed info...about how to make it and about tools you need...

this is the easiest way...cause nobody wanna tell us the little secrets of the strap making... :(

if you wait till tomorrow, I will make you happy :)

Im currently in the middle of the process of new strap making with completly detailed photos, A B C ... advices and everything my amateur strap making skills could help.

So please, be patient and wait a bit, a how to tutorial is being made right now :p

if you wait till tomorrow, I will make you happy :)

Im currently in the middle of the process of new strap making with completly detailed photos, A B C ... advices and everything my amateur strap making skills could help.

So please, be patient and wait a bit, a how to tutorial is being made right now :p

great new Pubus...i have the leather for my starp project...i just have to buy some tools and proceed with making them...

i'll wait for your Guide....tnx in advance

Cheers,

Vladimir

no, but I did my research, visited few ppl in the town, and I got info I needed :) but the book You showed me is a nice piece of knowledge to get.

well...i also did my research on the net...if you wanna i can send you all the links that i got that are connected in some manner with the "strap making" thing...

lately i've been busy on my current work so i had no time for this project of mine...but i will defiitely order the book i've told you...

hope to hear soon from you about this strap project....

cheers,

Vladimir

Hand sewing leather is a real pain but I would think that you can cut everythign out and take it to your local shoe repair store and have him sew it up for a professional look.

Looking forward to seeing your tutorial.

Usil

Pubus...Im waiting for your ABC tutorial..and I love to hear that it is not expensive...no special tools needed...

I've been trying asking people about this knowledge...and alot did not reply me back..maybe they dont like to share the knowlodge on how to do straps on our own...

and I manage to make my own strap without stitching and I love it..I just use a leather glue...but now ..I think I want to learn the stitcing bit...Looking forward to hear from you soon ...

What book are you guys talking about ?? care to share the info ?? :)

Puzzling to notice how these things seem to come out together in same time.

After being always a bracelet guy, I too have recently been biten by the strap bug and began wondering how to mod straps, make my owns straps, etc...

So I am now really anxious to read your future posts on this topic! :D

As for the current time, I've already:

- gotten 2 Don's and waiting for 4 Hirsh;

- bleached one Don's with excellent results (going to post pics as soon as I'll also have the cyclops replaced) -- thanks to Pugwash's, Tanfo's and Enzo's great posts!

- just bought markers and stuff to try new mods on stitching;

etc.

Btw, did you all already have a look at this post?

Guest JOHN PERCY

WOW

I post a question about watch straps, go to do the washing up and ironing and when I come back everyones chatting away. Lots of great information. What I really want is a Jack and Jill guide to strap making that breaks the whole operation down to very simplistic steps - pick up the needle, push thread through the non pointed end etc etc. You know what I mean. Keep chatting guys but keep looking also.

Edited by JOHN PERCY