When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Pam 127.. Make Sure You Get 0117/1950 Case

Jos Nana

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if that's the case then i'm happy.. although i would like to see some more side profile pics but i haven't been able to find them.. but if it is the correct crystal then that's one less issue to worry about. the things that remain are the mineral crystal on the back, the minte hand that is a bit too pointy, the dial not being properly aligned and the flaw on the dial. most of these things can be fixed, but i didn't expect this from EL's "ultimate" fiddy... i can't wait to hear from him...

GL, my only experience with El went very badly, I hope your goes smoothly.

BTW, what watch is that in your sig? it is very kewl looking!

jep, here ya go!

please post some pics for comparison guys; especially of josh's ultimate version!

Here is the watch I got from Josh, along with pics of the water drop test. He adamantly insists it is sapphire, and the water drop sure seems to go along witrh that.

I wonder if Joshua will get an apology from he that declared that none of these crystals are sapphire.

post-223-1150133501_thumb.jpg

post-223-1150133510_thumb.jpg

post-223-1150133520_thumb.jpg

post-223-1150133530_thumb.jpg

post-223-1150133544_thumb.jpg

post-223-1150133552_thumb.jpg

post-223-1150133559_thumb.jpg

post-223-1150133567_thumb.jpg

post-223-1150133576_thumb.jpg

post-223-1150133587_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the pics - no time to set up the light box.

Bill

Here is the watch I got from Josh, along with pics of the water drop test. He adamantly insists it is sapphire, and the water drop sure seems to go along witrh that.

I wonder if Joshua will get an apology from he that declared that none of these crystals are sapphire.

post-223-1150133530_thumb.jpg

One thing is for sure, the 117 cases have really bad crowns (stick out WAY too far) where El's 581 case has really nice crowns.

Edited by Nebakanezzar

Guest ///AMG

that is one ugly crown on the 117 case, here is a 581

here is my take on this, there is really no such thing as a 117 vs. 581 case, they are probbaly the same

its the parts (hands, crowns, crystal ......) that a particular factory / dealer sourced makes a watch different, like in the case of crown sticking too far out on some dealer's 127 .....

like what EL's said on RWI, if you want 117, he gives u 117, if you want 581, he will give u 581, if you want both, you will get both so you can change it urself :bleh:

67581-33444.jpg

Edited by ///AMG

thanks ///AMG for posting the pic for me, DAMN THAT IS ONE GREAT SHOT, handheld also, no tripod :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Like what he said, I also believe its the parts that was sourced that makes a watch different, no such thing as 581 vs. 117 case, I could be wrong :g:

here are some more for comparison

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=774&st=0

Edited by 16520b

• 3 weeks later...

I am a newbie who really wants to buy one of these Fiddy's and would appreciate any additional input.

If anybody has any additional insight gained the last couple of weeks or has the issues raised in this thread been resolved in some manner?

Any new info greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
hello,

and now i´m totaly confused! which one is better, the 117 or the 581 cased fiddy?

best wishes

olreon

Here is the skinny as far as I can see after reading hours after hours.

I puchased the 581 from Andrew or trustywatchguy.

He is selling it right now for $300 plus shiping while Josh is selling the 117 for $400 plus shipping.

(Aspire,I think, is selling a new "7th gen" he adamantly claims has Sapphire crystal with AR but makes no claim as to the movement being eta or swiss. So take that however you want).

The watch from Andrew has a front sapphire crystal, I am 99.9% sure about it.

If it has AR coating it is so light it is useless. Seriously, Useless. The back is also sapphire. I am 90% confident of that.

Great case. Very good dial. Very good hands. Very good crown guard and crown. Swan neck is a bit flimsy.

This watch also has superluminova. The numbers have a slight green tint in the day, kinda like an off white or vintage white. Not a flaming green like the Seiko Monster I own. In the dark it glows like a torch. The gen does not have superluminova,or C7, it has the white luminova or C3. I think Josh's watch has c3 but not sure.You can ask him.Anways the original Marina Militare's from the 30's and 40's burned like torches with a radioactive material. Tritium I think but not sure. I prefer the superluminova.

Andrews watch does not have the 3 blue screws in the wheels of the movement. Josh's does. The gen does not have it but I like the look anyway. Some people will tell you that the engraving on the movement is absolutely horrible, that someone who has never seen a gen fiddy would know its fake becase the engraving is so bad. BS. It is ok. Will it fool a panerista? NO CHANCE. But it looks ok.

If you buy a rep fiddy you will need to ditch the leather strap. It sucks. The buckle is a screw type.It looks fine but feels flimsy. I bought a Mario Paci strap that comes with sewn in buckle but when I buy a strap without a buckle I will defintley buy a 26MM buckle from Davidsen.

All Fiddy's have a recessed pin problem that can be fixed. Well, Davidsen sells a fiddy with the pin fixed but it has other issues.

Bottom line I chose Andrew's fiddy based on price and bang for the buck. I can add an AR coat to the crystal and fix the pin problem later.

Andrew's customer service and shipping are first rate BTW. I will do a more formal review later in the dealer review section but that is all for now Folks.