When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help me choose the one to Keep- Updated with Pics Resized

brsmith1

Hello all, I recently received two Noobs in the mail, one for me and one for a friend. I know every rep is different and not all come out of the factory the same. The watches are very similar, however I noticed a difference in the size of the pearls. Below is 2 shots of both of them side by side, then 2 shots of each. If you guys could give me some pointers on which to keep I'd appreciate it. Also, if you recommend that I do something that is a major feel free. No bar and no hurt feelings, shoot away. No fancy camera so please excuse the pics. Thank you Victoria for the help!

pc110045zo6.jpg

pc110038jc1.jpg

pc110046jt1.jpg

pc110049um8.jpg

pc110050wh6.jpg

pc110051xx9.jpg

Edited by TwoTone

pc110038jc1.jpg

I am better with vintage models than modern, so I am probably not the best to judge these. But I think the watch on the right is the lesser of two evils, so to speak. The watch on the left has a very poor bezel pearl, the rehaut looks too deep (the distance from the crystal to the dial) & the lume portion of the minute hand is too wide. The crown on the watch on the right is much too wide, but a better bezel pearl & more accurate hands than the other watch. One of the other members who have more experience with current models will probably be able to give you more useful input.

For future reference, the 1st thing you should do when you want to know how accurate a rep is is to go to your local AD (authorized dealer) and try the real thing on. There is always a difference in fit and finish between a gen and EVERY commercially made rep watch. After that, go to the company's website and familiarize yourself with the appearance of the watch from the comfort of your own PC (without the glare of store lights & sales people). It may also be helpful to peruse the archives on timezone.com & collect pictures of the model you are interested in so you can compare them to your reps. It is always best to know the real thing before you even begin your search for a copy. This will save you alot of time & money.

Ha, I'm afraid so...nothing I can do since my supporter status hasn't been converted.

Good God, I just remembered that thread of yours in the Introduction area.

You have my deepest apologies, and hope I've been a little more helpful than I was in those replies to you. I was clearly mistaken then and you were right.

If a Moderator can upgrade his membership, please, I think you'll find Brsmith1 has been waiting a very long time, patiently, for his upgrade. I know you're all overworked, so thanks guys!

Good God, I just remembered that thread of yours in the Introduction area.

You have my deepest apologies, and hope I've been a little more helpful than I was in those replies to you. I was clearly mistaken then and you were right.

If a Moderator can upgrade his membership, please, I think you'll find Brsmith1 has been waiting a very long time, patiently, for his upgrade. I know you're all overworked, so thanks guys!

Can someone give me a link to route where status is converted automatically...I found an address to make payment, can paypal pay this address? Payment with credit card takes too long....

Get rid of the one on the left.

Thinking about taking the crown off the one of the left and putting it on the other one. The lume does look wide, yet it appears to be very similar to this rolex reference picture that I found, check it out specifically at: http://www.rolexreferencepage.com/wallpapers/16610bFULL.jpg

General page with all categories here: http://www.rolexreferencepage.com/wallpapers/