When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A really weird Gen situation

jb

Does anyone want to guess why there seems to be NO interest in this watch? It is listed for sale on several different watch forums, with no replies.

sea2.jpg

The seller seems to be legit, and the description seems to be accurate:

"Here is an Omega Seamaster Professional Automatic with the blue wave dial. Watch is in excellent condition and is 95%+. Watch comes with outer and inner boxes, ops booklet, warranty card, and original sales receipt from the AD. The watch was purchased in 06/06 according to the receipt. There are no dings or dents and the case and crystal are 100%. The bracelet has been given a brushed finish overall and looks like new. Please excuse the lint on the crystal.

"

I REALLY want to pull the trigger on this, but it just seems odd. <_<

That's what is weird. He has a good post count on a few forums and has is an active seller/buyer/trader. I have been e-mailing him back and forth and his communication is great.

He also had an Oris Regulator posted at the same time, which sold.

It just seems odd that noone but me wants to buy this Seamaster.

Not too many people seem to want that version of the seamaster anymore. I have been able to received very deep discounts on the seamaster watch line. So deep I bought my dad one for this Christmas as well as mine which I have just picked up from the AD. Hell the damn things were even on sale!!!!

Not too many people seem to want that version of the seamaster anymore. I have been able to received very deep discounts on the seamaster watch line. So deep I bought my dad one for this Christmas as well as mine which I have just picked up from the AD. Hell the damn things were even on sale!!!!

You might be on to something, but I feel that the Seamaster and PO are in two completely different classes. There are a lot of Omega diver fans out there that can't afford double or triple the price of a PO, myself included. IMO, the current Seamaster styling is borderline classic, and isn't going to go away anytime soon. Besides that, the 1120 movement (modified 2892) is one hell of an engine for the price.

I think a majority of the problem is with the bracelet. The narrow portion of the links and the sides of the links should be polised, but someone has brushed the entire bracelet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it should be fairly easy to repolish these areas DIY, or by a jeweler.

This is just a guess, however.

May be too expensive? Whats the price the seller is asking?

As for me: I love this one!

The silver bezel really makes it a "friendly" watch - much better than the blue or black.

Lets just say that, IMO, it is VERY reasonable.

Buy it to wear, not to collect. As you say, it's a great movement - COSC certified, too - and if you like the style and it's going cheap, you stand to get a decent gen.

Buy what you like, not what's popular.

Words of the wise, Pug. :D

I'm probably going to committ tonight. Now all I have to do is figure out a way to buy this and keep my Oris Titan.

Does anyone want to guess why there seems to be NO interest in this watch?

I think it is not moving because it's missing the Bond factor.

With the hour markers, speedy bracelet and sword hands, it's doesn't resemble the Bond Seamaster 2531.80 and with a blue dial and silver bezel, it doesn't resemble a Rolex Submariner.

I'll probably get shot in the Omega area for this, but I think that a big portion of the popularity of the black version of that watch, (the 2254.50) and the new Planet Oceans, (apart from the fact that the PO 'is' a bond watch) is that they both resemble a Rolex Sub and look the part on a black NATO.

I like what Pug said; buy what floats your boat, life is too short to do otherwise and you can't take it with you.

Edited by Greystash