When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

More Genta Love

dluddy

Rather fey observation but it's been puzzling me -- Tom Hawkes' ID is the only one which has icons of all his ratings, to date, under each post. Is this a known glitch?

Even more bizarrely, the ratings reflect neither those given him, nor those he gave to others. If you click on the rating icon next to the ID, you'll see it. "List" is also ghosted.

OWNED! :lol:

Best signature of 08 - classic work. :1a:

EDIT: This link may come in handy :animal_rooster:

On a more serious note - awesome watches, another vote here to see the full collection!! :bounce:

The "Genta 4" will always be classics, in my book. I guess if you're a watch manufacturer and you want iconic---you go to him.

I don't seem too fond of his own personal line, though. Looks like he went "jump hour" crazy.

Dluddy, the date font on the aquanut looks fantastic, did it come from the dealer like that, or did you mod it yourself?

And speaking of mods, my VCO and Nautilus will be getting lume jobs and datewheel overlays printed, so I hope it goes well (I hoped to get gen dials, but seems near impossible; and someone was selling their nautilus dial for 900 EURO!)

I have no idea what a hotprinter is or how successful it would be in printing the DWs.

All of the DWs I have had to date from Finepics and Lello were from professional printers.

Nevertheless good luck with your endevour, if you can get it to work then there will be a lot of fellow modders following in your wake !

• 6 months later...

post-22-1220834549_thumb.jpg

post-22-1220834598_thumb.jpg

Had to add these two beauties of mine to this thread.

My new Aquanaut really measures 42mm, has the sapphire case back, and really nice rubber strap and ss clasp. It is an asian 21j, and not MBK. The date window is incorrect, but the dial and indices are very nicely done. It is light weight, and fits the wrist really well. I love the larger size.

My MBW/MBK Nautilus is absolutely without a doubt the best watch in my collection.

I recently handled a gen 5711G, with a croc strap, and OF COURSE it was a perfect watch!!!, at a mere 32,500.00 but...

my MBK jumbo/black dial ACTUALLY compares to the gen in fit and finish...believe it or not.

Proud to wear them both.

GENTA DESIGNS RULE!!!