When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HB

jpmlora

Thanks for sharing that heartwarming Chinese Police action on a lowly watch vendor with very poor quality reps.

This is no doubt a 'token' bust to satisfy the, as Mike Margolis put it "Hublot Police" which are not police but high paid international copyright lawyers tasked with making it as difficult as possible for the Hublot rep makers. They have had varying degrees of success for sure. Trustys site no longer lists them for sale and Joshua is the same. The problem is that they did to good a job of copying them, and when the top guys at Hublot got fooled, they got mad.

That poor woman in the photo was just doing her job, and it is not a pretty picture to see those at Timezone so bloodthirsty.

All power to the hublonians. They inventet hublonium, and singlehandedly tore down the whole replica industry. Whats next you say?!!

After their quest to rid the earth of replicas, they will return to their homeplanet hublot in their hubloplanes. Where they will cook up another hublomatic scheme involving eta 7750s wrapped in jellybeans. Which will the be sold for the handsome price of

ONE BILLION DOLLAR

drevil_million_dollars.jpg

They will rule the world with this watch. And their only weakness is the evil gang of true manufacture, The handsome prince of vacheron constantinopolopolis.

013_Prince_Charles_Edward_Stuart_1745.jpg

we will watch in awe as the saga continues.

Those damn Hublot, driving their Yugo, can go blow a slo-mo homo in a sideshow with their cargo of fast-gro

hair glow. No mo of that no show go go to stimulate their vertigo. Big Bang finish.... :blowup:

• 3 weeks later...

Indeed Oliver. I saw the newest line of HB a few months ago and they also use the same case... ok a few mm bigger and no chrono this time, but it still is the very same design.

When mr. Biver bought Hublot is was near death... he 'made' the brand within a few years and i must admit that i admire what he did. I'm not such a big HBB fan (although the Ice Bang has my interest) but the mere accomplishment is quite amazing.

On the pictures shown at TZ you can see some cheaper HBB copies... luckily not our A7750 driven copies!

Sorry Frank...JCB did not 'buy' Hublot..he assumed the duty of CEO, becoming a board member and minority shareholder in Hublot watches....in May 2004..., .Hublot is still owned by Carlo Crocco.....JCB was recruited to revitalise the company.....his track record at AP / Blancpain and Omega was what got him the job.....he designed the Big Bang.....plagiarising the ROO in the process.....now they've recruited GG for allegedly their women's range of watches.....his input tho' will no doubt be manifest in the destiny of Hublot and BB....!

Edited by TTK

Sorry Frank...JCB did not 'buy' Hublot..he assumed the duty of CEO, becoming a board member and minority shareholder in Hublot watches....in May 2004..., .Hublot is still owned by Carlo Crocco.....JCB was recruited to revitalise the company.....his track record at AP / Blancpain and Omega was what got him the job.....he designed the Big Bang.....plagiarising the ROO in the process.....now they've recruited GG for allegedly their women's range of watches.....his input tho' will no doubt be manifest in the destiny of Hublot and BB....!

I remember how all this started. JC Bi-valve was all proud of his plagiarized AP watches and would hang out in the TZ Hublot forum. Every time some sucker would buy one of his watches and then trumpet the purchase on TZ, Bi-valve would promptly send them a letter, personally signed mind you, extending the warranty another year or some such.

Then some poor guy came on the forum posting pictures of his new BB purchase. Bi-valve promptly sent him a letter. Then someone pointed out that it was a rep--I think the "tell" was the 10-20 misalignment problem on the 3 o'clock subdial. I do feel for the buyer (assuming he wasn't just trying to play games) since I think it unethical to sell a rep for genuine. Of course since we knowingly buy reps it is a little like the pot calling the kettle black and only ethically differs in degree.

But it caused great embarrassment to Bi-valve not being able to even tell the difference between reps of his own watches and the real thing. Bi-valve then promptly threw a sh*t fit and started throwing lawyer this and lawyer that around the whole situation. I personally laughed my a$$ off. :lol:

-T

I remember how all this started. JC Bi-valve was all proud of his plagiarized AP watches and would hang out in the TZ Hublot forum. Every time some sucker would buy one of his watches and then trumpet the purchase on TZ, Bi-valve would promptly send them a letter, personally signed mind you, extending the warranty another year or some such.

Then some poor guy came on the forum posting pictures of his new BB purchase. Bi-valve promptly sent him a letter. Then someone pointed out that it was a rep--I think the "tell" was the 10-20 misalignment problem on the 3 o'clock subdial. I do feel for the buyer (assuming he wasn't just trying to play games) since I think it unethical to sell a rep for genuine. Of course since we knowingly buy reps it is a little like the pot calling the kettle black and only ethically differs in degree.

But it caused great embarrassment to Bi-valve not being able to even tell the difference between reps of his own watches and the real thing. Bi-valve then promptly threw a sh*t fit and started throwing lawyer this and lawyer that around the whole situation. I personally laughed my a$$ off. :lol:

-T

There were other post where biver was saying that josh and andrew were using pictures of real/gen watches and would surely send you a cheap copy. Problem was as we all know they were using pictures of the rep, and im sure had quite a few people questioning how you could get a $300 copy of a $20k watch that fooled the ceo that produced them.