When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717 w/ K2222ar & DW fix vs. Gen 3717

chad

I was handling my modded 3717 with an older model gen IWC fliger chronograph tonight and I was surprised that the finish and pop of the watch on the wrist was the same or better on the rep.

I was considering a gen 3717 after selling my pam 005.

Is this a waste?

Has anyone directly compared a modded 3717 and a gen?

I know people sometimes say that a gen is a gen ...blah blah blah but many gens these days have crappy fit and finish(some omegas and tags...etc)

What do you guys think? Does the gen 3717 really outclass a modded rep?

P.S.

Leave the movement out of it :) I know that is far superior.

You have very well moded rep. if You want a gen. get other watch, maybe IWC Mark XVI, or something else.

I second that. With such a high end rep, so close to the gen, why would you pick a gen?

If you have the cash and it's burning holes in your pockets, go for another one.

This way you will be able to change.

Unless of course the 3717 is your absolute favourite watch out there...then get a gen :yeah:

3717 is not the one to buy a gen of. I agree with the dial comment. What I instantly look for when looking at a 3717 as to whether it is a rep is the 12,3, 6, and 9 markers. On the rep they are way to pronounced (read as fat). If you have one out of the box with reasonable day/date wheel alignment it could be the best out of the box rep.