When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Begin OR Noob Submariner?

im2

Well the questin - dilemma is simple . . Same price here . . .but what should i choose and why? begin mariner from Josh or Noob from TTK? R there any memebers with problems with the date changing?(i ve heard that the day changes at 9am in some watches of that) . . .Bit please do answer my main question . . Thank you a lot!!

If I was going to buy this watch I would choose the nymphomariner from Narikaa... but that's just me!!

Why?

-Great, reliable dealer with almost zero customs risk.

-"nympho" is (I believe) the same as "noob" which is superior to "beginer"

-No drop shipping, watch is inspected by a person who is not visually impaired before shipping.

-More choices, including TT versions and even Yacht-Master.

-Unbeatable price, even less than beginner.

(So many versions of this one huh?)

I have owned both...Really not a lot of difference...Oddly The one from Josh(the dropshipped one) arrived in perfect condition while the one from Neil arrived with the bezel insert off, and showing a visible ding on the case...I'm sure it was fine when shipped, but once it hits transit, anything can happen...The bottom line is: It really doesn't matter which one you get...Either way you'll have a nice strong Sub that would fool 99.78% of the population of the planet...For @ $100.!!

What more could you ask for...????

BTW...I never even mentioned the problem to Neil....I just ground out the ding, and reglued the insert...And wore it for @ a year before I sold it....Why bother a guy over a $100.00 watch, and get involved in reshipping it back and forth to the other side of the planet through 2 sets of customs...I knew it wasn't his fault, and I also knew he'd make it right, but why bother if it's something you can easily fix yourself..???

....Why bother a guy over a $100.00 watch, and get involved in reshipping it back and forth to the other side of the planet through 2 sets of customs...I knew it wasn't his fault, and I also knew he'd make it right, but why bother if it's something you can easily fix yourself..???

That makes so much sense! :good:

I have bought both watches. The begin was the best in overall fit and finish. The lone exception was a small dark mark on the 6 oclock marker on the dial. Josh sent me a replacement dial immediatly but the problem is that it would cost me too much to replace it so I left as is. I bought it for a coworker so I just hoped he would not notice. What I can tell you though was the band, how the band fit against the case and between the lugs, dial, CG, insert, pearl all were spot on.

I bought a Nymph from Narika and it had the following issues......date changed 20 min before 12, date misalignment, band fit inbetween lugs and against the case poorly. Neil without hesitation asked me to wait on his next shippment and sent me another..this time in perfect shape.

Both vendors did a good job and both watches have slight plus's and minus's. The Nymph gets great press so this is the direction that I would lean.