When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this wrong?

LordRasta

I would rather see a better watch than a 100% perfect rep, i once help on the build and resoration of a BSA C11 bike, we built it with TI fasteners an improved it where it could be with in the style of the vintage and with modern materials, some purist complained, Another time i worked on a 1920s harley with a chair, the owner wanted all original parts even down to the fibre wrapped wire what a pain it looked good but was not a very useable bike,

An improvement is never a detractment!

I'm thinking about sending my Link and soon to be acquired Aquaracer off for double AR. I love the link but looking at it is like looking in a mirror. Anyone get AR on either of these watches yet?

I should be receiving a TAG Link chrono within a few days and I thought of ARing it too, since some people were complaining about the too reflective crystal (including you and By-Tor). I think this great looking dial should be more "easily" visible. By the way, in TAG Heuer website the TAG Link chrono's crystal is claimed to be AR'd "in both sides to improve dial visibility" or something like that, so why not? If you do it, please post some pics. Good luck.

Edited by yaron

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lord,

There is definitely a new version of TAG Link chrono with AR (not sure but probably double), I've seen it today in TAG AD and even tried it on my wrist. It also has kind of improved bracelet with a more convenient clasp and a nicer TAG logo on it. The saleswoman there could not say that it has AR (sadly, she did not know what it means) but the blue dial looks much clearer without the "haziness" of the non-AR'd crystal (that she had there also and gave me a good comparison) and it had the blue tint and the blue reflection of the light from the ceiling deep into the dial as seen with other double AR'd watches. So I think there is no problem in sending Links to J for double AR. I received my Link chrono only yesterday (little "old fashioned"?) but I have to say the watch is great , very elegant and comfortable and of course works perfectly. The resizing of the bracelet was a "piece of cake" following the link (not Link) in By-Tor's nice review.