When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB Ice Bang - Is it out yet?

Mainspring

I think you're right Doc savage, but the Hublot gang is doing quite well in giving rumour to the quality copies made in China. The normal song the swiss watch industry sings, is that replicas are cheap crappy watches... Hublot is the first to start a personal vendetta against replica watches.

Of course Rolex has some laywer firms on the case, but nothing as good as publicity mr. Biver must be thinking... I'm not really sure where this will lead us...

You can still get the full line of HBB from Andrew and Josh. The have them all, ice bang, big bang, gang bang, whatever, send an email to either one and they will help you out. (As long as your name is not Biver, Margolis, or an agent thereof.) They know who is an established member here. I just ordered the Rg ceramic HBB for a friend, like the one I have. He has over 50 gen watches, some more than 30K and he was blown away by the quality of my HBB. As said before, there is a big reason why there is so much controversy over these reps. They are that good, and I am not talking about the "lite" versions or the "King" or really anything under $500.00. They are nice for sure, but those higher end versions are the ones to get as they do indeed kick ass !

If you look at the Hublot site it looks like they pretty much sell any configuration you can imagine anyway; so we don't have to be too picky I guess.

This is exactly right. The DC area AD ordered 2 custom versions, one of which was nice--what looked like a lightish gray dial (maybe from the magnesium or palladium version)w/ black hands in an all black case and the red/black dial w/ a brushed gray (Ti? Ta?) case and a ceramic bezel.

Biver is quite active on that forum; link .

Spreading a little misisfo of his own, not wanting to admit how good the reps are 'natch:

"I have seen the site and all the pictures from Hublot, IWC, Panerai,Roger Dubuis, Breitling, AP and so on seem to be pictures from real watches. Then,once you have ordered from an original picture they sell you a fake where you can see the difference (which from the pictures you cannot see as they are official pictures)

Anyway one should only buy (whatever watch) from an AD (especially today)"

What he meant to say is this: "If you buy a watch that uses fairly standard materials, manufacturing processes, and stock ETA movements and which is backed by a huge marketing campaign, you can bet the chinese will exploit the weakness in that business model (Manufacturing an ordinary watch and branding your way a high MSRP) and someday soon you will see an Internet picture of a replica of your watch. . So, if you're going to spend 8 or 10 grand on a watch, it's much smarter to buy a watch w/ a complicated manufacture movement and high quality hand-executed fit and finish, which the chinese cannot duplicate. So buy a JLC or a Chopard LUC, etc. and never, ever buy one of my watches, unless it's a rep!!!"

They are that good, and I am not talking about the "lite" versions or the "King" or really anything under $500.00. They are nice for sure, but those higher end versions are the ones to get as they do indeed kick ass !

So you say not to get the lite version? The dealer say it's the same as the expensive expect for the ceremic and double AR...

Could you please tell me as i am trying to get enough $$$ together for an Ice Bang - Lite.

yello - There is absolutely no difference between the ice bang light, and the ice bang for 500$+ except the AR - the bezel is indentical - theres no ceramic bezel on the ice bang for 500$ so i'm having a hard time figuring out why its so much more expensive than the lite...How ever for the black magic there is a difference, the more expensive one indeed has a ceramic bezel and double AR were as the black magic lite has a PVD bez w/ no AR..My ice bang lite should be here anyday i'll post pics, I also have a ceramic polished bezel from angus which I might put on the ice

Take a look, heres the ICE bang for 500$+

HUB006B_2.jpg

And heres the light, as you can see the bezel is identical, no ceramic

HUB0023B_4.jpg

Thanx UB7 !! This is what i was thinking as well... get the lite version and get a decent double AR coating from Chieftang or K2222. The Ice Bang really rocks... so now i'll have to sell something to buy this one. The more i look at the pixx the more i want it... a feeling i haven't had with a rep for a long time!

UB7: Obviously the ceramic vs. PVD bezel is a dead give away on some of these watches.

However, how do the cases compare. The reps have PVD cases which are also ceramic on the gen correct? But the cases don't look to be nearly as obvious of a "tell" to me as the bezel would be....I'm really liking the ice version with it's stainless bezel.

Yellomen, the lite version is still an outstanding rep watch, and the ice bang in particular is one you will be happy with no doubt. For me the extras like the ceramic bezel andd AR mean a lot. The look of the polished ceramic is simply classic. For myself, it adds tremendously to the overall aesthetics of design. I did not mean to infer you were not getting a great watch.

• 2 weeks later...