When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Customs made problems during export!

NORing

I have made many deals between countries and have never had any major problems. Some how a customs officer wanted to give me a terrible christmas :black_eye:

I made a deal with my 3717, and sent it the day after from my home city in Norway. I kept an eye on the parcel like I always do and to my surprise it just stopped in Oslo. I contacted the customs and they told me the content was not declared and they could not send without proper papers of ownership. I guess this is my first encounter with the strickter export/import laws that were passed for Norway the 1th of September this year (especially made for counterfeit goods.)

Anyhow, I told them today to just send it back to me, and I guess they will at my own expence. I go to Scotland once or twice a month due to work, so I offered my customer in England that I send it from there asap.

This is just a warning and I also ask if you were my customer, would you accept that the proceed as a do? I don't want to hurt anyones feelings and especially now during christmas. Even though the Norwegian custom office did!

(For ref the customer will probably get his watch with in the next 2-3 weeks. Sorry for the trouble and I hope you understand that I'm sorry for this.)

NORing

Dumb question.. how does customs know if our watches are reps ? Are they watch gurus and can tell in split second ? You need official papers ? They just guess and if you don't say otherwise, they get ya' ? They have a rep seeking dog that can sniff out reps from 30m ? Our watches start ticking and they think its a bomb, and when they find out it isn't, they take it anyways.. ? Its christmas and the customs guys are looking for gifts for their family and friends ?? :D

If you want to be extremely stupid and call it a gen watch and end up paying export tax on full retail. I marked the parcel with watch for repair, like many of us do, and like i've always done. The problem however is that if custom wants they can then charge VAT on it which gets returned when watch gets back. Obviously they can't know if the watch is gen or replica, but when you write a small value on the export papers to save the poor soul that's supposed to receive it in the other end, the officers wonder why they find a $3000 watch in there. And beleive me, they know a lot more about watches than you think.

Dumb question.. how does customs know if our watches are reps ? Are they watch gurus and can tell in split second ? You need official papers ? They just guess and if you don't say otherwise, they get ya' ? They have a rep seeking dog that can sniff out reps from 30m ? Our watches start ticking and they think its a bomb, and when they find out it isn't, they take it anyways.. ? Its christmas and the customs guys are looking for gifts for their family and friends ?? :D