When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bangkok trip

Francisco

Hi there:

Yes, I have just arrived from Bangkok. I had to attend a conference there.

Recently I bought a watch from TTK. First I orderered a white Panerai, but later I changed my mind. I told TTK to change to a submariner. But he sent the white Panerai. As I had to go to Bangkok, we met in my hotel room. We exchanged the watches and he showde me several watches to be sold. Finally I bought a Chopard Mille Miglia 2005 limited edition (Panda). Nice man, nice watch.

I asked TTK where is the famous MBK/MBW stall. Because the day before to our meeting I could not find it. Indeed, I found it., But it was so small and I did not see any good rep that I thought that this was not the place. So, after he confimed me the location in the MBK mall I went there the following day.

First, it is so small. Probably is 2 square meters. Amazing. Second, I have enough Rolexs, so I was not interested in having a look to the MBW Rolexs. Sorry, friends. I cannot give you a lot information about this. I wanted the Omega SMP black. No Omegas there. Only hidden Rolexs and one visible Panerai. The Panerai was a very good rep of 111H. He asked me 9500 baths (1 euro = 48 baths). But the TWP is modding for me one 111H, so I was just asking for checking prices. What I wanted is a 40 mm Panerai for my wife. He showed me one. Not the same quality as the 111H. I told him that the 44 mm was a very good rep, and it was swiss mechanism. However, I told him that the 40 mm was a lower quality rep. He did not accept that and told me that the price for the 40 mm was 8500 baths. I offereed him a lower price (I do not remember how much). He stopped talking to me and I had to left the place.

I can tell you that this person is not friendly and IMHO he is a bit rude. So for me this place is not interesting.

In MBW mall you can find tones of bad reps and very few good reps. I found a couple of second hand SMP black GMTs, starting price...1000 euros!

I have been in Chine some times.... better shopping there.

Hope this helps.

I have been in Chine some times.... better shopping there.

Hope this helps.

Darn it, Francisco. I have a cousin going to Bangkok during his gap year next year, and I had planned to join him there...ah well. Your informative report is hardly grounds for a special trip over.

Still, I suspect it's all about connections, knowing the right things to say, and the right kinds of money to flaunt. I have "una cara dura", you know? I'm a tough bargainer face-to-face. If you don't impose yourself, you get squat, especially in the East.

Sorry about your trip over to what must be the Holy Grail area for Rolex collectors, and many besides. Thanks for the info though!

Hi Francisco......enjoyed our meeting.....pity we couldn't have had dinner or lunch...next time I'm sure....!

I have "una cara dura", you know? I'm a tough bargainer face-to-face. If you don't impose yourself, you get squat, especially in the East.

He has less understanding of 'una cara dura'.....than he has of good discount......wily feminine wiles won't cut a swathe thru his resolute disposition towards full retail price.....!

As for MBK.....I've stated many times the nature of doing business with this retailer.....glad to see you confirm it......especially lack of product......most members seem to think it's just a case of walking in....and asking....'which shelf are the 1665 Great Whites on"..?........"Oh they're on the bottom shelf ..3rd row from the back"...!...duh....!

Edited by TTK