When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Obviously fake Santos 100

vardan33

This is horribly fake. The dial is the one with all the circular things. And the screws are round and recessed. But I have never seen that kind of a band before. The swiss made looks ok and the description reads with subdials.

Ebay

Item number: 110206724203

Edited by vardan33

Wow this guy is something. I contact him with this

Dear jir4iy4,

I hope you know this item is fake. It is a obvious fake, no Santos has the waves on the dial and non of them have rounded and recessed screws. And this is on a Seatimer bracelet. Also I don't see any subdials. Please explain yourself.

And this is how he responds.

Hello, I told everyone (even the bidders) that I couldn't guarantee its authenticity. I also told them not to bid if they have any doubts. Thank you for your information.

- jir4iy4

He obviously knew it was a fake.

"Oh The HugeManatee" LOL that is priceless. Take a look at the movie "The Hindenburg" with George C. Scott, from 1977. It does a very credible job of combining actual news footage with reconstruction film from the inside of the airship. I have always been fascinated with dirigibles, zepplins, etc. The Hindenburg disaster effectively put the brakes on this form of travel for all time, although there has been a resurgence of lighter than air travel.

aeroscraftairshipnq1.jpg