When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first rep ever! (IWC Mark XV Spitfire)

gianton

Hello,

Glad I joined this great forum. Last week I got my first rep ever! After owning only gens (Omega Seamaster, TagHeuer, Citizen) this first IWC rep watch is very well made indeed. First of all a big thank you to Andrew for his great service from the first email I sent him till the delivery. Took only 4 days from China to Greece from the day the product was shipped.

Now the watch came very well packed and it looks and feels much better to what I ever thought! Only complaint is that I wanted the brown leather strap instead of the black one the watch came with.

Now some pics (excuse the terrible quality, I have only my cell camera):

Firstly the gen:

02.jpg

Then the rep:

P1010042.jpg

P1010041.jpg

P1010033.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

After a week of wearing it all day it tells time 50 secs slower. That's working 7+ secs per day slower. Is this OK or should I get the movement serviced by my local watchsmith?

Edited by gianton

First of all... congrats! It's a very nice watch :)

Personally i find it a shame they used the caseback of the UTC pilot watch and not made a caesback for the regular pilot watch.

Some movements need to run a week or so before they keep time correct... or settle in more or less. At least that's my experience. But if the watch is still running + or - 7 seconds a day i wouldn't worry to much... it's just a bit more than COSC specs. But if it anyes you any watchmaker could ragulate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some pictures of the movement:

2824_01.jpg

2824_02.jpg

Could any of our experts advise if this is a real Swiss ETA 2824-2? Andrew's site indicates the movement as Swiss ETA 2824-2 Automatic (Nickel Movement). I can't see any Nickel Movement here... <_<

Got a reply from Andrew, that the Nickel Movement as per his site is outdated and these movements cost a lot higher now.

Edited by gianton

Don't worry, that's a good movement in there. Nickel or brass, they are all "chinese" ETA movements (no matter what the seller says). +/- 7 seconds per 24 hours is excellent time-keeping for a mechanical movement.

You have made a nice choice with the MK Series as your first rep. Perhaps you'd like to explore the option of slapping on a high quality strap. Essentially, it does not matter that you got the wrong strap with the rep. All rep straps are crap anyhow. You will always need to get a new strap.

PS. I love the Mark series!

l1010165mr3.jpg