When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dewitt Academia Chrono Review - First off the block

rangers158

I skipped right past this the first time I saw it posted, but now that I paused for a second look, it may have caught my imagination.

I think that the new frontier in reps is this kind of watch- a lesser known high end gen brand that has a high degree of detail and finish. I actually believe this is the best way for the rep makers to go, as some of the technical details of these watches are truly impressive if replicated properly.

I may buy this one, but probably not for around 6 months or so....

This is a beautiful watch. Great review. I think it might be my next, the design on this one is fantastic.

Nice pictures, thanks for the review.

I love DeWitt watches and have wanted one for a long time (but couldn't afford one). I'm amazed that a rep is even available (and such a nice rep).

I just ordered the Grey/White Academia Chronograph from Josh at Perfect Clones. If anyone would like pictures, let me know and I'll try to post them when the watch arrives.

I think the repmakers have improved the quality of gold coating/plating over time. I can vouch for latest IWC St Exupery Rose Gold. The gold doesn't fade. Usually, crown will be the weakest part then chronograph pushers then the caseback... But this one is holding strong.

I have a rose gold HBB rep which is more than 6 months old. Usually by this time, poor coating will start to show its age. Not in this case.