When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BCE Blue Dial. Sticks & Numerals Versions

lanikai

while I upload the pics .. i have had to spend some $$ to see exactly what the difference is between senior factory dealers and so called secondary dealers... who advertise better "deals" .. why pay more pitch .. well here is the difference and pics don't mislead if it's up and up .. non doctored.. no airbrushing and same lighting..

2 different dials, the stick dial will be brighter due to the concentric rings in the dial and the numerals will be brighter in the sub dials due to the more pronounced concentric rings in the subs and not in the dial itself, now the numerals look more of a darker matte finish because of the concentric ring difference.. but in the light at the right angle it is pretty much the same colour .. just that the rings again make all the difference.. making them appear to be different colouring.. refer to my other post regarding concentric rings in the different versions of the BCE's .... the double AR also plays a part in the colour

thank you to my collector for supplying me with the numeral dial as he had told me I will be happier with the stick version, but sent this along in case I wanted to switch it... so may as well use this as a comparison since there seems to be some confusion in what is close to genuine and not.. they are both close to genuine if you check the genuine you will see the differecnce in the RINGS.. so basiclly they are the same dial colour to start with but change due to the CONCENTRIC RINGS..

note the difference in AR coating ... supposedly the exact same watch .. an example of different Collectors using different quality parts in their stock

one is single AR, and i was told it was double,.. the other that I knew would be double AR is .. exactly that..

post-2172-1198809420_thumb.jpg post-2172-1198809462_thumb.jpg post-2172-1198809622_thumb.jpg post-2172-1198809716_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1198809775_thumb.jpg post-2172-1198809849_thumb.jpg post-2172-1198809962_thumb.jpg post-2172-1198810027_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1198810084_thumb.jpg post-2172-1198810150_thumb.jpg post-2172-1198810319_thumb.jpg

sorry the lighting is bad, it is late.. overcast and getting dark.. but I was anxious to get these up.. there is alway's controversy on every front of the rep world.. who has better etc. etc. .. i will not name the collector with the single AR coated BCE..... it is only the business of sales like everything else in this world.. marketing and advertising... so this is the difference in so called deals..

On another note.... to all members .. appreciate the time others put into their reviews.. this is not a review but a comparison of sorts... so YOU can make a better buy.. it cost time to post reviews and do the footwork..so please be mindful of the fact that someitimes to obtain knowledge it takes experience making mistakes and learning from them.. before members flame collectors on other collectors accusations be mindful that all collectors have a vested interest in your money..

Please keep this thread for information purposes and not a venue for bashing collectors.. just a request...

thank you, and I hope this helps in your venture to find the ultimate BCE .. or getting one modded to such a watch B)

edit: this was an investment (single AR) in research ... but not a total lost it will probably go to K2222 for ar..

Thanks for the time and trouble putting this together, I for one appreciate it.

My preference is definately the stick markers, the sub numerals on the spare

dial just dont cut it for me.

thank you... my Holiday present to you all..

check out this post for the white numerals .. my fav for the numeral version http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=61011

also breitlingtim posted much better pics of the stick version on italianos thread

I appreciate the post as well, I do try to read all reviews - but need to get in the habit of paying credit where credit is due (perhaps a new year's resolution??). In any case, I would like to know the dealer who accurately represented his claims - only if you have no issue with that, as I think it benefits the community as a whole.

I appreciate the post as well, I do try to read all reviews - but need to get in the habit of paying credit where credit is due (perhaps a new year's resolution??). In any case, I would like to know the dealer who accurately represented his claims - only if you have no issue with that, as I think it benefits the community as a whole.

First the credit is to the community as a whole.. chrgod's review.. got me researching the differences in dials..... italianos thread about the Blue Dial added to the searching on the genuine web site and comparing both dials .. and even the negatives commited me to buying a rep that I knew was too good to be true but did it as a fact finding project as proof needs to be not in hearsay or rumor but "fact".. and the products themselves

I am getting to feel that the forum is not an ad space for collectors so I will pm you .. until things can "calm down" as far as flaming collectors and post about buy's .. i feel more comfortable passing the info to those members who are serious about collecting reps in this hobby.. and not adding fuel to the everlasting fire...

Lanikai,

Thank you for taking the effort to do this. Any views on if the concentric rings are as pronounced (let alone present) on the black dial ultimate?

by Ultimate u mean the V2, or the one in these pics?... the V2is only a week apart from these BCE's, in initial production... they are just from a different maker and my collector has obligations to both, there is no blue dial in the V2,and harldly any difference ; just marketing .. the genuine dial has more pronounced rings in the subs for the numeral version and the stick version has more pronounced rings in the dial, also different size sub dials.... as does the reps... but the darker the colour of the dial the harder to discern the rings.. at least to my eyes.. black may seem like there are no rings because the light dosen't bounce off the surface like the lighter dials.. the white dial is the most defined due to the colour, not the rings themselves.. IMO anyway... look at the black dial SOSF and then the white....

the older Brietling site was more informative as far as specs.. i believe they went to the more entertaining video and got away from listing the specs in such detail because of the rep industry.. if you notice the drawing of the genuine watches you will note the "misinformation" if you compare the drawing colours to the actual genuine.. every rep that has gotten so good in detail.. shortly afterward the genuine web site has been change to less informative technical data... the older web site showed the difference in rings with the sticks as opposed to the numeral versions .. now i believe it is no more like this,

hope this answers someof your questions :D

yes it does, thanks. i asked because of all the black dial evo pics ive seen, there doesnt seem to be even a slight hint of the concentric rings. the blue has em but the date font on that one is off. i guess i will have to go with the black dial or wait for them to make a blue dial ultimate. thanks again!

you need to get the date font modded.. Lello has the Date Wheels being made now.. refer to UB7's post on his BCE he is upgrading with genuine font Date wheel.. none of the reps will have the correct font... the Blackbird is the only Breitling that has a decent date font..IMHO

The pics on the collectors sites may not pic up the concentric rings as some of the members pics.. you may want to post and ask if anyone can upload pics of their Black dial BCE's .. I am getting the V2 in a couple of weeks ask again if you don't find anyone who has one.. i have in TT black.. ss is the same

here are the pics the lighting is bad and in better lighting the rings are evident

post-2172-1198989968_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1198989995_thumb.jpg

lani

yes it does, thanks. i asked because of all the black dial evo pics ive seen, there doesnt seem to be even a slight hint of the concentric rings. the blue has em but the date font on that one is off. i guess i will have to go with the black dial or wait for them to make a blue dial ultimate. thanks again!
My black dial full gold stick markers definitely has the concentric rings, but it isn't the Ultimate either, in that it is lacking that pesky minute tick next to 10 on the 12:00 subdial...Oh well in the long run, it's just anther rep that I'll soon tire of just like all the rest, and either trade or make into a "drawer queen"...!!

on the other hand though....I've has the same WIFE for over 40 yrs!!