When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Radiomir on rubber dive straps

TeeJay

A friend's birthday is coming up, and I was thinking about getting them a Radiomir. He wears his watch on the left wrist, but, I have a hunch that he'd find the crownguard of the Luminor models irritating, so think the Radiomir is the way to go. However, in terms of straps, I think customization is the answer. He's not a 'corporate smart' kind of guy, neither is he really 'smart casual' in the American sense of the work (ie David Boreanaz in Buffy/Angel) but more a jeans and smart-ish shirt kind of guy, so I figure a rubber strap might be more fitting with his wardrobe, but wondered if anyone had any pics of such a combination, just to give me an idea how it'd look before committing to buy.

Thanks in advance :)

PRATU5a.jpg

:yuk:

TeeJay, do you know I never even THOUGHT of putting my 210 on a rubber strap? And mind, the 210 looks best with black straps.

I'm a bit lazy today, but I promise to give you a rubber diver strap shot on my (only working) Radiomir later today!

@TeeJay below: The 45mm/47mm Radiomirs are said to look best with the 27/22mm straps, so slightly larger than the 26mm ones, but tapered down. HOWEVER, I have put on my Fiddy straps (26mm) on them, and they're fine. Heck, I even place the 24mm on them too...they expose too much of the lug wires, though. Not the way to go.

Hey TeeJay hows it going :)

How about this one :p

PRATU5a.jpg

:lol: Very hard to find a picture of an original design Radiomir on a rubber strap, there must be someone out there who has put one on a rubber strap thought.

:lol:

That wasn't quite the model I was thinking of :lol:

If there aren't any pics available, if someone could let me know what size strap the 45mm radiomir takes, that would be great, as that way, I could just track down an appropriately sized strap :)

:yuk:

TeeJay, do you know I never even THOUGHT of putting my 210 on a rubber strap? And mind, the 210 looks best with black straps.

I'm a bit lazy today, but I promise to give you a rubber diver strap shot on my (only working) Radiomir later today!

I have to admit, it's not a combination I would've thought of for myself, but the thing that got me thinking, is that I've seen Radiomir straps advertized as 26/22, so wondered (if that was a standard Radiomir size) if the dive strap which fits the 127 would be the right size, or if it would be the dive strap with 'Officine Panerai' on the sections...

Probably not a combination many people would even like, but it'd probably go best with my friend's wardrobe :)

@TeeJay below: The 45mm/47mm Radiomirs are said to look best with the 27/22mm straps, so slightly larger than the 26mm ones, but tapered down. HOWEVER, I have put on my Fiddy straps (26mm) on them, and they're fine. Heck, I even place the 24mm on them too...they expose too much of the lug wires, though. Not the way to go.

In that case, a 127-type dive strap should look okay... Might be the way to go for this gift project.

As a side-note, I've got my 127 on the dive strap today, and it's soo comfy. Certainly not getting rid of this strap, I'll just have to source another for my friend :)

Probably not a combination many people would even like, but it'd probably go best with my friend's wardrobe :)

I'll put on that diver strap you got on the Fiddy for it (OEM Caoutchouc-style).

Otherwise, I can place the more usual 24mm one, which might show a lot of lugwire though. I'm not doing both even for you. Radiomirs are a PAIN to change straps. :lol::p

@Followup: Try RWI's sales section. They have those rubber straps much more often than here...if you want a cheap one, Tony can get it for you, I'm sure! I got mine from TWP.

@#2: Gotcha. I'll try to shoot these in 2 hours, as I'm only just waking up. :p ...meanwhile, this shouldn't prevent any other member from providing a photo of said strap on the Radiomirs! Please. Help a brother out. ;)

I'll put on that diver strap you got on the Fiddy for it (OEM Caoutchouc-style).

Otherwise, I can place the more usual 24mm one, which might show a lot of lugwire though. I'm not doing both even for you. Radiomirs are a PAIN to change straps. :lol::p

@Followup: Try RWI's sales section. They have those rubber straps much more often than here...if you want a cheap one, Tony can get it for you, I'm sure! I got mine from TWP.

Indeed, that's the strap I was thinking of, not the 24mm one :lol: Lugwire exposure asside, I don't think my friend would want something with the branding so visible like that strap is.

Indeed, Tony was going to be my port of call. I know he sells other PAMs with that strap, so I'm sure he could swap one over for me :)

Looking forward to seeing the pic of it, I have a hunch it'll look... Well, maybe not 'good' by most people's standards, but something my friend would like :)

@#2: Gotcha. I'll try to shoot these in 2 hours, as I'm only just waking up. :p ...meanwhile, this shouldn't prevent any other member from providing a photo of said strap on the Radiomirs! Please. Help a brother out. ;)

Awsome, but no hurry :) I'll be interested to see the result, and people's opinion of it :)

You got a wristshot of this combo, would like to see it :)

It's on it's way :)

TWP PAM 210 with Caoutchouc-style Rubber Diver strap:

210caoutchouc1vg9.jpg

210caoutchoucside1qm7.jpg

210caoutchoucnoflashac9.jpg

210caoutchoucflashft3.jpg

(Sorry for the delay! It was raining most of today, hence the darkness of the shots)

That's absolutley fantastic :) As mentioned, not sure if it would be most people's cup of tea, but, my friend's 'aesthetics' are somewhat 'unique', and it should suit him perfectly :) Thanks for doing the test fit for me :)

That's absolutley fantastic :) As mentioned, not sure if it would be most people's cup of tea, but, my friend's 'aesthetics' are somewhat 'unique', and it should suit him perfectly :) Thanks for doing the test fit for me :)

I took a Wristie but I'm saving it for tomorrow.

TBH, it looks w.ank. :)

But if these shots can be of service to your chum and to others, so much the better! My pleasure indeed. Point of interest: this strap seems to be a very rare 26/22 size. Usually they're 26/26 or 26/24.

@TeeJay: I only mention the size because you said you have 24mm buckles mostly? So if it doesn't come with one, you might be stuck in gifting him it. Also, I'm glad it's 26/22 since that produces the right amount of "taper" the Radiomirs REALLY should have -- they look more elegant than with a chunky 26/26. :)

TBH, it looks w.ank. :)

I agree, but, my friend's idea of 'dressing up', is black jeans, trainers, and a short-sleeved 'fashion' shirt ;) Believe me, it'll suit his wardrobe perfectly :)

But if these shots can be of service to your chum and to others, so much the better! My pleasure indeed. Point of interest: this strap seems to be a very rare 26/22 size. Usually they're 26/26 or 26/24.

Interesting indeed :) Mine's 26/22 as well :)

Thanks again for the combo shots :)

Edited by TeeJay

@TeeJay: I only mention the size because you said you have 24mm buckles mostly? So if it doesn't come with one, you might be stuck in gifting him it. Also, I'm glad it's 26/22 since that produces the right amount of "taper" the Radiomirs REALLY should have -- they look more elegant than with a chunky 26/26. :)

Ahh, I see your confusion. I have three 22mm 'thumbnail' buckles which came with my 111h/111g/029a's factory straps, two 24mm pre-V buckles, which I ordered for the BOB straps, the 22mm buckle which came on my 26/22 dive strap, and the 26mm pre-V buckle which came with my 127's factory strap (since replaced with BOB straps, but still with the factory buckle)

When I order the watch, I'll ask for it to have the dive strap fitted, and that'll come with a suitable buckle, so I won't be losing any of mine :) I really ought to take a PAMily photo of them all :)

Edited by TeeJay

wow those pics are awesome. I want a 210 sporting black rubber.... the quest begins....

You won't find one as a straight out purchase, but I'm sure your dealer of choice would be able to make the necessary strap exchange for you :)