When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chieftang AR Signup Thread - Jan '08

HauteHippie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey chief,

i should have 4 coming from rob. excellent! question, i may want to redo my 3717 which has a lip mark...is it difficult to remove the AR from your previous coating...i know durability was always a priority for you and you do excellent work.

The Zigmeister, i have my feb appointment for my round of mods, with a separate shipment going to you this week(3 watches just for relumes), can i also send up a couple for crystal removal as well. don't want to drown you in watches!

dave

:victory:

ziggy, i have my feb appointment for my round of mods, with a separate shipment going to you this week(3 watches just for relumes), can i also send up a couple for crystal removal as well. don't want to drown you in watches!

dave

Not a problem to send a couple more for only the crystals.

Just send the "AR" email so we can keep track of it.

@ woddy

Yes please, send an email with "AR" in the subject line this makes it easier to track.

Thks

RG

hey chief,

i should have 4 coming from rob. excellent! question, i may want to redo my 3717 which has a lip mark...is it difficult to remove the AR from your previous coating...i know durability was always a priority for you and you do excellent work.

The Zigmeister, i have my feb appointment for my round of mods, with a separate shipment going to you this week(3 watches just for relumes), can i also send up a couple for crystal removal as well. don't want to drown you in watches!

dave

D - The Zigmeister or I can take care of the stripping. Green jeweler rouge, buffing pad, and a dremel does the job.

I sent you a PM also.

arghhh...i think the timing is off for me on this run.

I have a BCE that I just received and waiting on another. I'd like to time

them with getting a Lello DW done, which isn't going to be for another couple weeks due

to some issues with the current batch.

OK, thanks for your interest in this run folks... I'm going to cut it off here with 50 crystals. There are usually a few dropouts in every run so if anyone else wants in, it is still possible. Otherwise, I will plan another run for next month.

Thanks! And to those participating in this run, further instructions will come via PM soon.

I would be in for 1 too if you also have room for a returning supporter. I am sending a watch to The Zigmeister for a relume, so I can have him remove the crystal and send it to you if you can fit me in for one. Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks!!

Chieftang, in your instructions:

3. Extract your crystals and label each one with a crystal number

Do you mean to apply a post-it, or an adhesive label, or what, directly on the crystal?

Or it is enough to just put a paper label into each crystal's plastic bag?

Thanks!

Chieftang, in your instructions:

3. Extract your crystals and label each one with a crystal number

Do you mean to apply a post-it, or an adhesive label, or what, directly on the crystal?

Or it is enough to just put a paper label into each crystal's plastic bag?

Thanks!

Paper label in bag with each crystal is fine. Post-it notes work also.

vlydog, jawo, porsche356a you're in. Please check your PMs.

Also, to everyone else who hasn't seen it yet, here is a message from The Zigmeisterzumba regarding the run:

"Anyone who's crystal is coming to me, Please mail it out ASAP as I will need to mail the crystals out to Chief no later than the 18 January 2008. Also please make sure to send a stand alone Email to J stating "AR" with your watches listed in the message, and your RWG board name, so we can track them."

Thanks!

hey brian,

4 watches on it's way to Canada! I'm working on sending a separate gift to Rob from RWG thanks to Chieftang!