When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aquatimer Chrono pictures and comments please

milwaukee

The Aquatimer Chrono has been out for a little while now and it has certainly peaked my interest. I read the few reviews for it so far and it sounds like the only issues are the lack of AR and the DW's. Outside of that, what do you guys think?

Better than the 3717?

How does it compare to the Cousteau?

Reasons to choose the Aquatimer over the Cousteau?

I would love some more pictures, especially wrist shots. A picture side by side with the Cousteau would be great. Also a wrist shot next to a 44mm PAM would be sweet.

I could go on but you get the point... ;) Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Sorry, but i can't help you with side by side pixx... just these two seperate pixx. Although the sizes of both the Panerai Luminor Marina (44mm) is the same as the IWC Cousteau Divers (also 44mm) i had the feeling that the Panerai wears slightly smaller.

This could well be because of the rubber strap on the CD and maybe the thicker caseback. But both watches feel very comfortable around the wrist.

I don't have the 'normal' IWC Aquatimer chrono and the IWC pilot chrono hasn't arrived yet so i can't say much about those, except they are a size smaller.

CD20.jpg

PAM001-5-6-07.jpg

Thanks Yello,

I have the 3717 and a 44mm pam and both feel and look great on my wrist.

Do you happen to know , or trust that your CD is waterproof? I noticed Joshua's site says it is. If I could trust that the Aquatimer was, that would be a big selling point.

Sorry, but i can't help you with side by side pixx... just these two seperate pixx. Although the sizes of both the Panerai Luminor Marina (44mm) is the same as the IWC Cousteau Divers (also 44mm) i had the feeling that the Panerai wears slightly smaller.

This could well be because of the rubber strap on the CD and maybe the thicker caseback. But both watches feel very comfortable around the wrist.

I don't have the 'normal' IWC Aquatimer chrono and the IWC pilot chrono hasn't arrived yet so i can't say much about those, except they are a size smaller.

CD20.jpg

PAM001-5-6-07.jpg

Better than the 3717?

How does it compare to the Cousteau?

Reasons to choose the Aquatimer over the Cousteau?

It's a different style to the 3717. I prefer the 3719, but it's a taste issue. Both are equally well made.

It's smaller than the Cousteau, has less AR but a better bezel mechanism.

Choose the Aquatimer over the Cousteau because ...

3719-06-640.jpg

Personally I can't tell the difference with the Cousteau, but let me show you a few pics of my Slevin I've got yesterday.

You can also see it on a slim wrist.

I'm definitely going to replace the day/date DW (already ordered) and will ship the crystal out for a real AR, as the one is there it's a FAKE AR.

How many of you have got the type swiss made, well centered?.... (mine is not :()

slevin_1188.jpg.xs.jpg

slevin_2692.jpg.xs.jpg

slevin_3991.jpg.xs.jpg

slevin_4193.jpg.xs.jpg

Edited by lello

i just ordered mine from precious time. should get it next week.

just reading the posts.... is the day/date wheel that bad that it needs to be replaced? how different are the fonts?

Here you can see a pic of the gen.

gen_aquat985.jpg.xs.jpg

The font it's quite different, but only a very expert could notice it.

The thing is WE know it's not the same and we won't feel good until it's the same...., this is at least what happens to me. :)

Edited by lello