When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Bell& Ross should I buy ?

pieter

Hey, I'm new here. i've been wanting a B&R for some time, until I discovered reps! So now I can afford one!

But: which one should I buy? I've found several B&R's. I am a man, but have a small wrist, so I prefer watches that aren't too big or heavy.

Option 1: 1.jpg

Perfect Clone. Model : PVD Case, Black Dial White Markers, Leather Strap with Insignia Buckle

Movement: Asian Automatic 21J Movement

Functions:

Hours, Minutes, Secs

Dimensions : Width 39mm x Height 39mm x 9mm Thk

Material : 1 piece forged/Engraved case construction, solid 220 stainless steel

Back : Solid Case back with Detail Engraving

Crown : One-piece Screw Down crown with o ring

Crystal: Sapphire Crystal

Water-resistant

$ 108. Pros: small (only 39 mm), flat (only 9 mm). However, no date, and not a very nice strap.

Option 2: BS035_600.jpg

This one is more expensive at $ 200. However, it may be worth it. Since it is a chronograph. It looks very nice. The movement is a quartz one. I don't know if I like this (comments?) but anyway, I suppose it is more accurate than an automatic.

Option 3: bels009-1.jpg

This one has the best looks. It costs $ 185.

MOVEMENT:Asian 4813 28.8K Beat Automatic

PRICE: 185USD

AVAILABILITY: Yes

DETAIL: Dimension: 42mm x 10mm

Movement: Asian 4813 automatic. 28.8K beat

Dial: Black

Bezel: Black PVD, brushed

Case: Stainless steel/PVD, Brushed

Strap: Black rubber strap

Glass: Sapphire crystal, with AR coating

Water-proof/Water-resistant: Yes

I tend to prefer this one, but I'm not sure. PLEASE ADVICE ME! (this will be my 1st rep !)

Thanks all

I vote for option 3 too.

My only concern is about the quality of the PVD coating, is it good enough? hummm... any hint here? Is it better to go with stainless, or go with the Joe industrial PVD B&R group buy?

Ho! and a warm welcome to the group :meeting:

I vote for the 03-92 (in fact I just bought one myself yesterday). It's the most accurate out of the 3 you posted.

I also have the 39mm 01-92 and, while it's a nice watch, it just feels too small after wearing Panerais. The strap does suck, and I can't change mine either cause it feels like the lug screws are glued in or something.

03-92 is my choice :

- Good size for standard man. 01 is huge and can be only weared on 8" and more wrist. 39 mm doesn't exist in genuine.

- Asian 21j is pretty reliable.

- Very accurate especially with rubber band.

Just one thing : PVD coating seems to be too light. If I was in you place, I would order the impressive SS version.

I ordered a 03-92 after much deliberation. I wanted to get the orange letter chrono because the case is more accurate to the gen (all reps use chrono case dimensions, afaik), but in the 03 sizes only the white lettering one comes with two sub dials. If you look at the gen photos, the 03 series chrono should only have two sub dials (not three sub dials like the 01 series). I went with the 03 because I have a 7 inch wrist...I hope this helps!

Edited by cronsell

"Just one thing : PVD coating seems to be too light. If I was in you place, I would order the impressive SS version."

Any suggestions where I could order a 42 mm stainless steel B&R ? Thanks

OH BOY!!!! Pieter it ur fault !!! i said i wouldnt buy another watch till the summer but the 03-92 is beautiful and for the price why not!!!....i would like some info on where i could order the SS version also ..

btw welcome to RWG

Hate to say this but, I have 6.5" wrist, I tried on gen 42mm last weekend, I can't buy this watch.

The case is such an unforgiving flat plate, no matter how we tightened the strap it sat funny on my wrist and was very uncomfortable.

Any suggestions where I could order a 42 mm stainless steel B&R ? Thanks

I have a brand spanking new, never worn BR03-92 with both rubber and velcro strap for sale that I ordered from Angus if anyone is interested as I have now paid for a genuine pvd from ajoesmith. Please pm if interested. I am in the UK.

--Sold-- (thanks Rwg)

Edited by plant