When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ajoesmith custom B&R PVD review (large photos)

bazonkers

Also interested in a black & white, was just about to order one from PT, but this is way better with proper PVD! :D

Plan to use it as a daily beater, as a racecar mechanic, so it's perfect with real pvd instead of black paint, should be a little more durable...

Send me an PM also, kind Sir! :p

rgds,

Ranald

Plan to use it as a daily beater, as a racecar mechanic, so it's perfect with real pvd instead of black paint, should be a little more durable...

I don't mean to potentially jack up a sale for ajoesmith but I'd rethink using this watch as a daily beater working on racecars. Any PVD watch will scratch, even gen PVD. This one is better than the rep for sure but it will still scratch if you abuse it. If you don't mind scratches etc. go for it. If you want to keep it like it is, I'd get it but not wear it as a daily beater.

I can show you many photos of gen PVD Panerai's that have scratches etc. Most gen PVD Pam owners keep them in a safe or wear them carefully.

Edited by bazonkers

I don't mean to potentially jack up a sale for ajoesmith but I'd rethink using this watch as a daily beater working on racecars. Any PVD watch will scratch, even gen PVD. This one is better than the rep for sure but it will still scratch if you abuse it. If you don't mind scratches etc. go for it. If you want to keep it like it is, I'd get it but not wear it as a daily beater.

I can show you many photos of gen PVD Panerai's that have scratches etc. Most gen PVD Pam owners keep them in a safe or wear them carefully.

You are quite right Baz, members please dont think that just because it has a GEN PVD coating that it wont scratch, it WILL eventually, just like any other watch. Its your job to take care of it, Yes it harder than other coatings but if you hit it of a wall for example it will probably scratch

Yeah, but what the ....! Nothing wrong with a little patina! :D

As stated since I'm plan to use it a beater I also have to take risk of scratching it (or not really the risk, it WILL be scratched).

BTW, do I know of the chances of destroying personal belongings in the line of duty... I have had to give up wearing my signet ring with the family crest, after we had to cut it of my finger with boltcutters! :o Ouch, can still feal the pain... But it sort of saved the finger anyway, probably would have lost the pinkie if the ring haden't taken the major part of the force...

Yeah, but what the ....! Nothing wrong with a little patina! :D

As stated since I'm plan to use it a beater I also have to take risk of scratching it (or not really the risk, it WILL be scratched).

BTW, do I know of the chances of destroying personal belongings in the line of duty... I have had to give up wearing my signet ring with the family crest, after we had to cut it of my finger with boltcutters! :o Ouch, can still feal the pain... But it sort of saved the finger anyway, probably would have lost the pinkie if the ring haden't taken the major part of the force...

I thought that was one of the first rules for serious mechanics (or woodworkers)...No jewelry!

I remember arcing a battery lead with my watch when working on my car back in the 80's...Burned my nice new Titanium Timex....Lesson learned.

I thought that was one of the first rules for serious mechanics (or woodworkers)...No jewelry!

Mmm, yeah I know... That's why I never wore an wedding ring, should have been smarter with the signet ring, "I'll take it of later when it's not so rushed..." yeah, right... -_-

We actually had a sponsor once who had written into the contract that we had to wear his ties on us! That was quite interesting until we figured out how cops do it... :o

We actually had a sponsor once who had written into the contract that we had to wear his ties on us! That was quite interesting until we figured out how cops do it... :o

Wow...A necktie on a racing mechanic?!! :blink: I hope nobody had to lose their face first!

I have a brand spanking new, never worn BR03-92 with both plastic and velcro strap for sale that I ordered from Angus if anyone is interested as I have now paid for one of these from ajoesmith. Please pm if interested. I am in the UK.

--Now sold-- thanks Rwg

Edited by plant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Is this still going on? If so can I get this one? BO10009 BR Instrument Limited Ed SS Black 46mm Eta 2892-2. The br01 with the limited edition that has the Police RAID logo on the face?

bro ajoesmith?

u still have BR03-92 pvd black dial with white numerals for sale?

it is the one with the custom pvd rite?

Can pm me the details?

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I was so lucky to pick up my Ajoe's B&R - fortunately i've been wearing it as my daily beater - it is somewhat bruised and scratched but by god I love it and well - am seriously thinking about the Gen - just waiting for things to settle down again, but yeah a lovely watch - it just needs a good lume job and a nice service to keep it tip top :)

post-11468-1245352892_thumb.jpg