When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This has to be a Scam

dsp5500

Exactly the mov't The Zigmeister identified last year as a possible combo (old type ETA base plate, all the rest Asian add-ons) with some initial issues...

AKA - Swasian, Chiss, Swinesse etc...many people named it many names :)

IOFFER.com is possibly the last place you won't to buy PAM rep or mov't from...dodgy as...with many new young, up and coming and aspiring Asian "rep dealers" are trying to flog off their stock there for 30%-100% more than we're expected to pay thru our standard "dealer channel" these days.

cheers,

babola

lol

you can see my name in the questions sections of this offer.

i actually bought (back then) a 1950 from this guy no superlume or high cannon pinnion. but with sapphire and this movement for 300usd with ems shipping

till now the movement is running in the worst situation at 1-1.5sec slower a day (i was amazed that i was wearing it outside my snowboard jacket 3 days ago that i went for snowboarding, and it didn't loose its accuracy at -5*C . maybe its properly oiled and assembled)

the guy that i was contacted with was really friendly and he shipped fast.

here is some pics of the watch i received and the movement,

feel free to edit the pic to show what is wrong with the movement

dsc1313ty7.jpg

dsc1302dc0.jpg

/edited with some better pics, without the macro lens on the camera, stupid macro lens with all that noise...

Edited by esdee

dsc1302dc0.jpg

/edited with some better pics, without the macro lens on the camera, stupid macro lens with all that noise...

You did OK ..your movement looks like a genuine ETA with Asian bridges - notices the 2 screws on the plate beneath the balance wheel and the shock protection on the balance is Standard ETA Kif - solid ring enclosure and the "clover" leaf jewel mount.

Bridges look quite tidy as well.....nice watch that a re-lume wouldn't hurt if you can be a*sed...!!

All the best

FGD

im about to relume it, im just waiting for the H3 cannon pinnion and hour wheel ;)

this watch uses the movement that this topic is about...

ioffer is about offering, so an offer of 150-180usd for this movemnt wont hurt, since i got the whole watch for 300

Edited by esdee

ioffer is about offering, so an offer of 150-180usd for this movemnt wont hurt, since i got the whole watch for 300

I know ...bought a bit from there in the past - 50/50 good bad deals.......got badly burnt on a PAM 196 Daylight that had as much Swiss in it as I do...!!

Your movement is much better than the one in the new Ioffer post...this is the bastardized "SwAsian" version with generally inferior moving parts - worth probably no more than $100...being generous.

Your's is ETA Swiss and probaby worth $150-$180 I'd suggest....much nicer looking bridges on yours .

Geat watch BTW!

FGD

From the above comments on 1950 movements, ie one screw, two screws, blue screws... What do folks make of this one?

DSCN3050.jpg

100% Asian Clone 6497- with adhesive foil engraved bridges and 2 screws on the plate

The 1 screw version is the bastardized quasi "Swasian" ...where yours is 100% Oriental !!

Cheers

FGD

100% Asian Clone 6497- with adhesive foil engraved bridges and 2 screws on the plate

The 1 screw version is the bastardized quasi "Swasian" ...where yours is 100% Oriental !!

Cheers

FGD

Sweeet ^_^

That's entirely as it was advertized :)

im about to relume it, im just waiting for the H3 cannon pinnion and hour wheel ;)

this watch uses the movement that this topic is about...

esdee,

the mov't linked to Ioffer sale ad in the first post is Asian, not Swiss and not the one you have in your watch. As FGD already pointed out yours is the Base Swiss ETA 6497-1 mov't with cosmetic add-ons like bridges, S/N reg etc. It's the last edition of E-series rep mov't that comes in better reps these days. DSN for example uses it in his E-series watches (Fiddy, 111E, 113E etc) also it comes in Angus's ultimate 111E.

It CANNOT be sourced as a spare part. If you find a way, please let me know, as I've been trying (read: begging) dealers I keep in touch regularly for one of these mov'ts. :-(

So basically, the mov't you're going to buy on IOFFER is Asian and the same overpriced mov't Paul (wo-mart) sells on his pam111.com site, as well as Josh and other dealers. It's IMO $50 worth mov't, not more.

cheers,

babola

EDIT: Also forgot to add, you shouldn't need the H3 cannon pinion/hour wheel upgrade kit. Your Fiddy mov't already comes with it (I have 2 watches with that mov't and didn't need an upgrade). What you might need is to sand down the minute hand tube to sit lower on the cannon pin.

Edited by babola

esdee,

the mov't linked to Ioffer sale ad in the first post is Asian, not Swiss and not the one you have in your watch. As FGD already pointed out yours is the Base Swiss ETA 6497-1 mov't with cosmetic add-ons like bridges, S/N reg etc. It's the last edition of E-series rep mov't that comes in better reps these days. DSN for example uses it in his E-series watches (Fiddy, 111E, 113E etc) also it comes in Angus's ultimate 111E.

It CANNOT be sourced as a spare part. If you find a way, please let me know, as I've been trying (read: begging) dealers I keep in touch regularly for one of these mov'ts. :-(

So basically, the mov't you're going to buy on IOFFER is Asian and the same overpriced mov't Paul (wo-mart) sells on his pam111.com site, as well as Josh and other dealers. It's IMO $50 worth mov't, not more.

cheers,

babola

EDIT: Also forgot to add, you shouldn't need the H3 cannon pinion/hour wheel upgrade kit. Your Fiddy mov't already comes with it (I have 2 watches with that mov't and didn't need an upgrade). What you might need is to sand down the minute hand tube to sit lower on the cannon pin.

babola by the time i made this question on ioffer i already had an 127 and i thought it would be nice to replace the movement with the one on ioffer.

on second though i though it would be better to get one with sapphire and this movement, then i asked the guy on ioffer if he can but this movement in a 127 that he had on another offer, then he directed me to an offer he had (on ioffer) that was something like 'ultimate 127' etc etc, and told me that these 127's uses these movements.

you are right about the screws on under the balance, but maybe thats from a specific batch of movements.

maybe use the pic i uploaded and ask him if he can get you this movement

as for the H3 i recently found that gen 127s have much less space between hour and minute hand.

any idea whats the length of the H3 cannon pinnion?

Edited by esdee

babola by the time i made this question on ioffer i already had an 127 and i thought it would be nice to replace the movement with the one on ioffer.

on second though i though it would be better to get one with sapphire and this movement, then i asked the guy on ioffer if he can but this movement in a 127 that he had on another offer, then he directed me to an offer he had (on ioffer) that was something like 'ultimate 127' etc etc, and told me that these 127's uses these movements.

you are right about the screws on under the balance, but maybe thats from a specific batch of movements.

maybe use the pic i uploaded and ask him if he can get you this movement

as for the H3 i recently found that gen 127s have much less space between hour and minute hand.

any idea whats the length of the H3 cannon pinnion?

Best to ignore my blubber :D

Good luck mate!

babola

Esdee

If you want a better fiddy .....you are almost there......

You have a good movement already

E0117 Case set - probably the best around

I'd suggest that all this needs is

Re-lume and trimming the colar on the minute hand so it fits flush on the cannon pinnion - $120

Davidsen Sapphire Crystal with true AR- $80 I think

Maybe a CG lever tightenting - $20 or so.

Both of these will require tools and a professional modder - I personally reccomend Ziggy or Vaccuum only.

All in all - I'd say $250 inc shipping / return and you have it ...far cheaper and more satisfying (IMHO) than buying a new one...

Just my 2 cents / pence ...

Cheers

FGD

Esdee

If you want a better fiddy .....you are almost there......

You have a good movement already

E0117 Case set - probably the best around

unfortunately the case is wrong, seems like some factories used the 1950 case for submersible 1000 and 2500 for the fiddy they have differences, check below

the edges of the case, having the 117 case is a different thing, as the caseback may fit in both 194 and 187

edgescm7.jpg

good thing is i have a 'good' case in excellent condition, just waiting for a superlumed dial to be assembled... :D

the other thing about all rep pams is crystal and dial...

i can assure you i will soon have both these fixed really soon to be p-e-r-f-e-c-t.

and high cannon pin i will try sanding the minute hand and installing and H3 set to see whats the closest looking to the gen,

crownguard lever will have a more modde pin, and a better shape ;)

unfortunately the case is wrong, seems like some factories used the 1950 case for submersible 1000 and 2500 for the fiddy they have differences, check below

the edges of the case, having the 117 case is a different thing, as the caseback may fit in both 194 and 187

Now you have lost me on the above ....but good luck with your project...

FGD

Now you have lost me on the above ....but good luck with your project...

FGD

it's just that the 117 caseback can be fitted in both the wrong rep case (like the one i showed) and the correct rep case thats just like the gen.

im too lazy to take my correct case out of the bubble wrap for photography :lol:

Well I understand the case back can be swapped on another 127/217 but did not think there was an "Ed Zachary" Fiddy case ....as in "Ed Zachary the same as the gen".....!! :-)

But then ...I seldom venture over 44mm

FGD

there you go,

that should clear what i mean

casediffsjx3.jpg

see the diffs now? ;)

Like to see you finished result....good luck

FGD

thank you,

can you say 'custom dial' 'custom crystal' ' custom lever' 'custom movement decoration' ? ;):D

Edited by esdee

there you go,

that should clear what i mean

see the diffs now? ;)

thank you,

can you say 'custom dial' 'custom crystal' ' custom lever' 'custom movement decoration' ? ;):D

The one you show on top of your photo is now notorious so called "e0581 case", it's incorrect and it comes from another factory. The case itself doesn't have any numbers associated like e0581 etc, it's simply draws its name from the caseback serial that comes attached to it (e0581/1950). Simple as that.

I, as you, have both cases, e0581 case has been empty for long time now and reduced to spare parts box, e0117 "correct" case houses my current 127-Fiddy.

cheers,

babola