When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Attention rep makers! We want this watch!

milsub5517

PAM 292  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy one?

• May be...
    • Yes, for sure!
    • No way!

I had the REAL 292 in my hands back in November...it didn't blow me away....it is definitely cool in ceramic but to be honest...it felt cheap in my hands when compared to the other ones that I handled that day.

So if the GEN feels cheap to me....i don't have much confidence in the rep version...

Ceramic is about 35% lighter than steel and that is why there is a noticible difference in weight. Often when holding a watch, the weight factor is very important to people, and it should be because it does demonstrate solidity and quality, but the finest watches, Panerai included are always going to feel lighter because the bulk of materiel in a watch is the case. That is why a PVD radiomir will be heavier, but the beauty of ceramic compared to PVD is far superior.

Very keen indeed I'm waiting to kick off my Radiomir collection and really think this would be the one to get. I heard somewhere back late last year, that a dealer was on the way to getting one, but it does not seem to have happened!

If they can make this hxxp://www.pc-80108.com/cha01013-black-ceramic-asia-2813-boxset-p-4044.html.

Then I'm sure they can get the 292 done. Fingers crossed.

Money maker......:lol:

You're all wrong.....if only you knew..... B)

come on Neil, why you say that?

Well, after my 1st rep purchase (a LV Noob Sub from TTK) i was looking at Pam's.... Yesterday i visited their official site...when i say this exactly watch and i thought that it would me my top priority to by.. It is sooo beautiful. Imagine that with a good lume.. The submarine detail on the bezel is very nice too, i hope they ll make it to look close to the gen !

REP THIS ! :D

post-9867-1200218803_thumb.jpg

post-9867-1200218900_thumb.jpg

Edited by im2

Ceramic is about 35% lighter than steel and that is why there is a noticible difference in weight. Often when holding a watch, the weight factor is very important to people, and it should be because it does demonstrate solidity and quality, but the finest watches, Panerai included are always going to feel lighter because the bulk of materiel in a watch is the case. That is why a PVD radiomir will be heavier, but the beauty of ceramic compared to PVD is far superior.

Ham,

Agree with you on the weight. But for me, when I handled it, it just felt like a cheap, kids watch to me. Swear! It just didn't impress me and that will prolly go as well for all ceramics as far as I am concerned....'cept for the ceramic bezel Carbon fiber HBB i got....

Maybe I'll buy it and flip it to the crazy fanboys over on 'risti.....i am number two on the list at my dealer.... -_-

For a Rad...I'd rather go with a PVD'd one....

my proverbial two cents.... :p

Bearing that in mind, this black ceramic appearance is totally in keeping with that kind of combat aesthetic, totally functional (unless shattering would be an issue) and, if I may be so bold as to suggest it, probably how OP would have made the original Radiomir 'war watches', if they'd had the capability to do so at the time, as it would have perfectly suited the operational environment the watch was intended for use in.

The Lume would be a beacon. Making a stealth watch glow in the dark would not be wise. ;)