When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New BCE rotor swings like a roulette table...much more then my other BCE's....Please read!

CY0811

I have a new fast beat BCE and the rotor swings around very loosely when I move the watch/my wrist...Ive had many 7750's and actually 3 of these exact watches...but this one seems looser. Its not the rotor screw thats loose but the amount of turns. Does in need lub etc? It distracts me a bit since I can feel it gyrating all the time....maybe this is a good thing?

Thanks Cy

Does in need lub etc? It distracts me a bit since I can feel it gyrating all the time....maybe this is a good thing?

Thanks Cy

OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.OH HHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

(ps, sorry couldnt resist)

I think your reversing wheel click spring is not working. Many of them are defective, I see it all the time.

The reversing wheel isolates the rotor from the mainspring, and the click is what prevents the mainspring from feeding back into the rotor.

A simple test is with the watch flat in your palm, wind it slowly, if you feel the rotor spinning, your reversing wheel click is not working.

The watch will still run, and will sort of wind automatically, but you will have very low power reverve. The good news is that the click is easy to access and fix. The bad news is that accessing it requires taking the autowinder bridge off the movement, and assembling this part is quite difficult.

RG

So am I manual winding when it is in my palm in regards to "wind it slowly" or am I slightly shaking?

I knew something was up whenI received the watch and it wasnt running....all the others had gained power reserve from the trip from China...lol.

Thanks The Zigmeister....you are a master and the only option for repairs and mods in my opinion.

What I want you to do, is to test the click on the reversing wheel by handwinding it.

Normally when this click is not working, as you wind it, the rotor will start to spin, until the mainspring click engages into a new tooth on the gear. Wind very slowly, and see what happens...

Sorry I wasn't clear in the first post.

Let me know...

The first 7753 (ETA) I had did this. The rotor spun so violently non-stop, it could almost move my arm. After a long stay in Canada for unrelated work, it came back to me fixed with me not knowing that that this behavior was abnormal/broken in the first place... Thanks, Ziggy!

I honestly don't remember this one, but am glad I fixed it for you.

Your welcome.

RG

Well I tried winding it slowly and the rotor didnt spin...the chrono was on though. Ill try it with it off as well.

Its like after I spin the rotor/roulette table... it spins for maybe 5-8 seconds longer then the other watches and then sometimes kind of goes back and forth (clockwise to counter clockwise 1/8 of a rotor turn) for a a few seconds...or sometimes I hear it wind at the end.. If I shake it harder (jerky shakes) sometimes it will wind without spinning very much or at all.

Ps: I also had a interesting experience with one of my Swiss 7750 watches....after it came back from The Zigmeister it just seemd better all around.....smoother...kept better time...quiter, etc.

Thanks for your help

Rob

my new Ultimate BCE's Asian Rotor spins very fast and freely and of course doesnt wind the watch at all. I've already sent it back for warranty so i cant try the winding test. I was tempted just to install an ETA7750 but we'll see how this warranty fix works out for now... The movement was faulty from the day i got it. I was too bad, it was otherwise a very good rep.

dizz

• 2 months later...

Zyggy .. Is it possible to upgrade the ECB V2 with the A7750 28.8ka the ETA7750?

I am thinking of changing to take my perfect Replica Super ... And I am not clear if there are problems of incompatibility ...

Please clarify whether it is possible to change the new A7750 a Swiss ATS 7750.

Thank you and greetings

You can swap the Aisan 7750 for the swiss 7750 but it requires some modification as I believe a couple of the hands are too big.

There a posts on this subject so a quick search should bring up some answers for you.

By the way the ETA 7750 is magic and feels sooo much better than the Asian one so I personally think this would be a good swap for this watch.

Zyggy .. Is it possible to upgrade the ECB V2 with the A7750 28.8ka the ETA7750?

I am thinking of changing to take my perfect Replica Super ... And I am not clear if there are problems of incompatibility ...

Please clarify whether it is possible to change the new A7750 a Swiss ATS 7750.

Thank you and greetings

As long as the watch your swapping the ETA 7750 into has a standard 7750 subdial layout (12-9-6) you can install the ETA in place of the Asian one.

The subdial and center seconds hands need to be modified to fit the ETA, but otherwise it's straight forward to do...

RG