When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help Please my Crown seems loose

StormTooper4

Greetings fellow RWG'ers.

Today I received my new Pammy177 and I am having doubts about the crowns stability. I was hoping that some of you have had a similar issue and that my worries are not necessary.

Basically I'm not sure how well the Crown is working; it seems to wobble when it's pulled out to change the time. Is this normal? Also it seems quite stiff but that's fine. Am I over concerned? As overall I'm pretty happy with it. But my 127 and 055 don't not behave quite like this.

There is a light AR which is nice, the sapphire is high quality and the movement is correct. Apologies for the poor pictures they were scanned at work. (alas I cannot upload Pics, its not my day)

I appreciate that the teeth on the crown are too few and that there is a recessed canon pin, these I can live with but I'm worried that it might not last.

Has anyone had a similar issue? I really don't want to have to send it back as even though its only is a few hours I've already grown quite attached to it.

Thanks in advance and have a good weekend

S

Edited by stormtooper4

Does the crown come with solid tube, or is it spring loaded ?

If the latter, the wobliness in completely normal, for rep crowns that is.

Gen crowns are also spring loaded but there's no significant wobble :)

It would be great if you could upload a pic or two of your crown in pulled out position.

cheers,

babola

Does the crown come with solid tube, or is it spring loaded ?

If the latter, the wobliness in completely normal, for rep crowns that is.

Gen crowns are also spring loaded but there's no significant wobble :)

It would be great if you could upload a pic or two of your crown in pulled out position.

cheers,

babola

Thanks for the prompt responses, for some reason I cannot upload a file odd as the pic is only 10k. Its does seem to be spring loaded compared to my others so perhaps thats just the way it is. cheers S

Thanks for the prompt responses, for some reason I cannot upload a file odd as the pic is only 10k. Its does seem to be spring loaded compared to my others so perhaps thats just the way it is. cheers S

FWIW, Stormtrooper, the 177h I have has the loosest crown of all the PAMs I own. It doesn't wobble, but it just doesn't feel anywhere as tight as, e.g., the Davidsen 112.

You may have better luck on Image Shack.

1- http://imageshack.us/

2- Browse to your photo on the HD

3- Tick 640 x 480, click "Host it!"

4- Copy/paste the 'direct url' to your RWG post

5- Highlight it, choosing either the second button atop, near the Smiley button or put the [ img ] ... [ / img ] tags around it.

Good luck with it all!

FWIW, Stormtrooper, the 177h I have has the loosest crown of all the PAMs I own. It doesn't wobble, but it just doesn't feel anywhere as tight as, e.g., the Davidsen 112.

You may have better luck on Image Shack.

1- http://imageshack.us/

2- Browse to your photo on the HD

3- Tick 640 x 480, click "Host it!"

4- Copy/paste the 'direct url' to your RWG post

5- Highlight it, choosing either the second button atop, near the Smiley button or put the [ img ] ... [ / img ] tags around it.

Good luck with it all!

Victoria thank you(X2),that's what I wanted to hear really and compared to my 127 and 055 it really does seem to be springloaded. Hope these shots have uploaded. Thanks again

p1111522ciy8.jpg

p1111539jr6.jpg

p1111525hz0.jpg

p1111514so0.jpg

p1111511kw3.jpg

p1111510pm5.jpg