When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New Radiomir!

alant

I SIMPLY LOVE THIS WATCH! To make the long story short, I was in fact planning to get the Radiomir 231 but I was introduced to this watch by TTK. It's sort of hybrid between the 231 and 183. Here are the pictures, please bear with the quality as I took these pictures using a simple handphone camera.

001E.jpg

003E.jpg

002E.jpg

And here's the deal, no double AR, no canon pin fix, no C1/C3 lume, no swan neck etc...but when you have this watch in your hands, you will know what I mean. It's a beauty! I'm being a bit more adventurous here, that's why I decided to try this watch. Important point is that as long as you like the watch, the rest doesn't really matters.

Moving on, I'm planning to get a nice matching strap for this watch. Victoria did give me some good suggestions. If you all have any other ideas do share with me too. Thanks in advance. And here's a picture of the watch on the wrist...

005E.jpg

Last but not least, thanks TTK!

• Like 1

Here are the pictures, please bear with the quality as I took these pictures using a simple handphone camera.

001E.jpg

My jaw is on the floor.

What a gorgeous watch, incredible background photo, and impeccable colour for the strap, Alant.

If Highflyingclive sees this, he'll be the first to pat you on the back! The dealer is to be commended for hooking you up.

Thanks for the kind compliments Victoria! By the way, did you managed to find a solution to the watch nickel issue? Yes, in fact I was betting on this watch as I'm not sure how the pink gold will look like on a rep. Last year, I was at a Pam AD so I did managed to try on the only piece of 231 that they have. And compared with the one in my hand now, I'm impressed and it doesn't feel 'cheap' in anyway.

Thanks for the kind compliments Victoria! By the way, did you managed to find a solution to the watch nickel issue?

In a way -- I am using only OEM Panerai straps and the OEM buckle, exclusively. No chafing, itching, scratching of any kind (less nickel used, perhaps). I know Kenberg said that applying clear nail varnish won't damage the buckles, etc. but I am just too chicken to try it. YET.

I have a dermie appointment on the 31st, so I'll let the forum know what he says. :)

And compared with the one in my hand now, I'm impressed and it doesn't feel 'cheap' in anyway.

It certainly looks EXPENSIVE as all get out, on your Wristie shot. That's some cameraphone you got...

Glad that all is fine for you Victoria. Btw you have any good source for Paneria OEM straps? Moving on, yes it's a PDA phone the HTC 838Pro, camera wise it's a bit lacking compared to what is available in the market now but I'm happy with my phone as it serves my needs well.

Hi Alan...glad to hear you received it OK....and that you like it.....if I didn't already have my own 231.....this is the one I'd have......it's a superb dress watch.....you can of course have the cannon pin etc etc fixed...but in essence....it's not required....the sheer beauty of the watch alone will overwhelm anyone who sees it...and the ONLY people who are gonna obsess over these fixes are forum members here......enjoy the watch....:D

BTW.........great photos.....love the background photos.......!

PS...Here's my 231 on an ostrich leg strap...and my 8 days on snakeskin.....just as an illustration....!

127PANERAI213D.jpg

127PANERAI213A.jpg

127PANERAI213B.jpg

8days2.jpg

Edited by TTK

Congrats Alan, it looks really great

I ordered this one from Neil

JAN08401PANERAIPOWERRESERVE1-1.jpg

Can't wait for it to arrive :)

A few weeks ago I received my first PAM from Neil and what pleasantly surprised me was that the watch was 100% like the pics Neil took, I read this is not rule most of the time with some other dealers.

Btw supernice straps Neil...

Edited by capice

I SIMPLY LOVE THIS WATCH! To make the long story short, I was in fact planning to get the Radiomir 231 but I was introduced to this watch by TTK. It's sort of hybrid between the 231 and 183. Here are the pictures, please bear with the quality as I took these pictures using a simple handphone camera.

001E.jpg

003E.jpg

002E.jpg

And here's the deal, no double AR, no canon pin fix, no C1/C3 lume, no swan neck etc...but when you have this watch in your hands, you will know what I mean. It's a beauty! I'm being a bit more adventurous here, that's why I decided to try this watch. Important point is that as long as you like the watch, the rest doesn't really matters.

Moving on, I'm planning to get a nice matching strap for this watch. Victoria did give me some good suggestions. If you all have any other ideas do share with me too. Thanks in advance. And here's a picture of the watch on the wrist...

005E.jpg

Last but not least, thanks TTK!

Absolutely fantastic watch :1a: Not one I'd have for myself (I can't wear gold), but, it's absolutely gorgeous, and a fine dress watch :thumbsupsmileyanim: As TTK said, no need to have the fixes done, it's only people here who would notice when it's worn ;)

Wow Neil nice pics & nice straps! Yes you are right, the sheer beauty of this watch and the feel makes me ignore the rest of tiny details. Personally they are no longer important and I would say it's a very good rep compared to those super reps at super high prices. And thanks for the compliments on the pictures too. Your pictures are simply great, still remember seeing pictures of this Radiomir watch the first time, immediately I told you confirm I want this watch. Maybe it's time for me to consider getting a proper camera too.

And richyman, wait for your watch, I think you will like it too! I have bought a few watches from Neil and ever since I never go to other dealers.

And TeeJay, you have the same train of thought as me too. At one point of time, I was thinking if I could 'carry' the pink gold watch. In fact, Neil did give me some advice on this when I ask him about it. Well, it's not really that 'gold', it's an elegant watch. And for those into Feng Shui, this coming Rat year wear lots of metal especially gold, so this watch fits the bill!

And TeeJay, you have the same train of thought as me too. At one point of time, I was thinking if I could 'carry' the pink gold watch. In fact, Neil did give me some advice on this when I ask him about it. Well, it's not really that 'gold', it's an elegant watch. And for those into Feng Shui, this coming Rat year wear lots of metal especially gold, so this watch fits the bill!

Ahh, my problem with gold, is that it brings me up in a rash. Strange, for a supposedly unreactive metal, but, there you go... I've just never been able to have it in contact with my skin for any prolonged period of time, so I just avoid it where-ever possible. In terms of aesthetics, I can appreciate gold watches, I just can't wear them :lol:

The second set of photos are fantastic, you've certainly got a fine purchase, I'm sure you'll get a lot of pleasure from wearing it :)

Glad that all is fine for you Victoria. Btw you have any good source for Paneria OEM straps?

I have one for the OEM Bordeaux, though the chap didn't have one available for TeeJay. He would look into it, he said though.

In general, I look at the Risti Acc. Corner:

hxxp://www.network54.com/Forum/353393/

Right now, a strap which would look killer on your Radiomir is this on "sale" for $380 (you can probably offer him $350). The very covetted Jules Verne 26mm strap:

julesvernegatorun2.jpg

I have yet to buy one, but I will, I will...

Moving on, yes it's a PDA phone the HTC 838Pro, camera wise it's a bit lacking compared to what is available in the market now but I'm happy with my phone as it serves my needs well.

I just (re-)bought my Nokia phone, because I hate change. It does everything a Crackberry does, but I have to say, I'll have to look into your phone when I'm in the market for one! Those shots were as clear as FxrAndy's Alps one.

Now I'm giddy with anticipation.....since Neil have a limited number of these models...... and I don't have Skype!,

I ordered the 231 from Joshua (originally wanted the 197, but he said his supplier doesn't make them anymore!) and its

hopefully on it's way........ :Jumpy:

Neil! Do you still have a 197, if you do, I'll bye a PC headphone today and install Skype!!!! I want it real bad!!!

I have one for the OEM Bordeaux, though the chap didn't have one available for TeeJay. He would look into it, he said though.

In general, I look at the Risti Acc. Corner:

hxxp://www.network54.com/Forum/353393/

Right now, a strap which would look killer on your Radiomir is this on "sale" for $380 (you can probably offer him $350). The very covetted Jules Verne 26mm strap:

julesvernegatorun2.jpg

I have yet to buy one, but I will, I will...

I just (re-)bought my Nokia phone, because I hate change. It does everything a Crackberry does, but I have to say, I'll have to look into your phone when I'm in the market for one! Those shots were as clear as FxrAndy's Alps one.

wow lady V.... chique strap , just beatiful

Neil! Do you still have a 197, if you do, I'll bye a PC headphone today and install Skype!!!! I want it real bad!!!

...by the way, you don't need a headphone for skype... you can also send SMS messages via skype and your keyboard to TTK...good enough to order that watch, I would say. :D

...by the way, you don't need a headphone for skype... you can also send SMS messages via skype and your keyboard to TTK...good enough to order that watch, I would say. :D

I never knew that, I have stayed away from Skype becuase I don't have a mic. Thanks for the very good info.

Hi Victoria you got me all excited! That's a LOVELY strap! I remember I saw something very similar on a PAM274 that was on display at one of my local AD. At that time, I almost wanted to go ask the sales person if he could let me have a closer look at the watch as I really like the strap...yes I'm nuts instead of looking at the watch, I'm more keen into the strap! Thanks for sharing Victoria, that strap is indeed beautiful and the price is on the high side too. Guess that's the market price for OEM Pam straps. As for my phone, it's with a built-in 2 mega pixels camera so very entry level. In fact, I have to crop my pictures to smaller size else you could see that they are not sharp. And mine is an old model about 2 years back, I believe they have newer models that replaced this model now.

Moving on, TeeJay thanks for your compliments on the pictures! Well, in this case guess you better avoid gold and you are lucky as there many nice non-gold watches available in the market too. And oh yes you are right, this watch is having lots of wrist time! I can't help...at least for the moment...

And HikeUSA, you may try to skype TTK. Do take note of time zone difference else most of the time Neil is more than ready to take your orders. Good luck on your new purchase!

@Alan.....I'm up at Bangkok this weekend...I'm gonna be looking at lots of straps.......let me have a look for something suitable for your watch.....I presume like me ...that you like a tapered strap.....?

By the way, Victoria that strap is 26x26, do you think they have it in 26x24? Thanks.

Wow, I thought so, but I entered "Jules Verne" as my search string and didn't find ONE on sale up to March 2005, in that section. They had loads of 24/22s, and even some 27/22s which seem perfect for your Radiomir, but the latter, infrequently.

The going rate for a new 24/22 there seems to be $250 in good condition/new, up to $280. The 26/26s start at $310.

I'll keep an eye out for you, Alant!

@Richyman: I'm glad you love the Jules Verne! Here are some more shots of this super-glamourous strap:

julesverne253ag6.jpg

julesverne270xc0.jpg

julesverne117hh4.jpg

If ever there was a $350 strap that was worth it, it is this.

@Alan.....I'm up at Bangkok this weekend...I'm gonna be looking at lots of straps.......let me have a look for something suitable for your watch.....I presume like me ...that you like a tapered strap.....?

wow Neil I would also be interested in one or two straps as shown in your pics, I will contact you today on skypechat

Hi Neil THANKS for the kind gesture! That's what I meant by excellent customer service! Oh yes I don't mind the strap a bit tapered. Anyway, this radiomir takes a 26x24mm strap and I don't have any other pink gold buckles so I guess a 26x24mm will be good. And I think you remember I don't go for exotic straps like in snake skin, ostrich legs, lizard skins etc... hahaha not my cup of tea... quite a pity though as some look really nice. In the meantime, I will wait for your good news!

And Victoria those pictures of that strap is driving me nuts...some how I agree with you, for that price I guess for the moment it's only this strap that's worth it!