When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why Is Every Eta Rep I Get Exactly 15 Seconds/day Fast?

Category 5

So far I have now 4 ETA reps which are all 15 seconds per day fast. Seems to me if they can be 15 seconds fast per day, consistently, then they could be within 1 second per day consistently.

I managed to regulate a chap asian chrono movement to within 1 second per day (still within 1 second after 3 days actually).

I did this by nudging the balance spring lever. On the ETA's I see a little screw with a +/- next to it and a wishbone around it. Am I correct in assuming that turning this screw is the way to regulate these movements (same effect as nudging the lever regulator on my asian movement)?

15 seconds a day makes 7.5 minutes a month. That's just way to off for any decent watch, mechanical or not. ...especially considering that the cheap screw down crowns don't really give me much confidence that they can handle regular time adjustments.

So far I have now 4 ETA reps which are all 15 seconds per day fast. Seems to me if they can be 15 seconds fast per day, consistently, then they could be within 1 second per day consistently.

I managed to regulate a chap asian chrono movement to within 1 second per day (still within 1 second after 3 days actually).

I did this by nudging the balance spring lever. On the ETA's I see a little screw with a +/- next to it and a wishbone around it. Am I correct in assuming that turning this screw is the way to regulate these movements (same effect as nudging the lever regulator on my asian movement)?

15 seconds a day makes 7.5 minutes a month. That's just way to off for any decent watch, mechanical or not. ...especially considering that the cheap screw down crowns don't really give me much confidence that they can handle regular time adjustments.

Maybe its the watch you compare them all with thats 15 seconds slow :g: