When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA 2824-2

azerbyjam

I've had an order for an ETA 2824-2 loose pack movement on back order from Cousins for several weeks now and have just had an email to say that they can no longer source them. Their website still shows the factory sealed movements (too expensive) but they've also told me they're having trouble getting these and the loose pack is now listed as obsolete. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced source for these movements, preferably in EU, Ofrei list them but they're too expensive for what I have in mind and I've heard they can be a pain to deal with. Alternatively, if anyone has a working 2824 going spare at a reasonable price let me know. Thanks.

You are probably best to buy a sealed movement. May cost a little more initially, but you also have to factor in the cost of getting a "used" or "bulk" movement serviced.

Also, you have to remember that you will need to get the correct hand fitting height as well. Normal hand fitting for the 2824-2 is H.2. You will need at least H.3. Factor in at least another $20 for the cannon, hour and fourth wheel.