When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HB Lite Edition

Jaymoi

Hi,

I have reviewed my lite version : maybe you would like to compare my pictures with the ceramic pictures.

It looks definitely like ceramic, but has smooth edges.

As I'm also looking t make a HBB purchase and can't decide between PVD and Ceramic I've been looking for good comparisons as well, however what I found interesting is that UB7's PVD bezel came with the knurled sides like the ceramic has. Not sure if this is a later update making the newer PVD versions look even closer to ceramic or if different suppliers are providing different bezels?

Also in looking through posts on timezone many of the factory ceramic bezels look brushed at certain angles and clearly polished in other pictures further adding to the confusion.

I am also proud owner of the HBB lite with PVD bezel. :wub:

Even with amazing coating from Jakub

The onliest thing which makes me a bit unsatisfiedis that this bezel is not that shiny as ceramic -and the rest of the watch.

Everything is blingbling and shiny, just the bezel is matte ... :( Thats a bit sad.

It doesnt has to be for me ceramic, just the surface next to the saphire should be shiny and glossy as ceramic is.

What you think, would it be possible to take it off and to paint or spray it with a varnish (or smt like that) ?

No; that isn't going to work! If you have the brushed finish PVD bezel with the serrated teeth on the outer edge, it is pretty darn close in appearance to the ceramic one: comparison

If you really want the glossy ceramic look, you can always buy a real ceramic bezel. They aren't cheap though, at around $300.