When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ruby's SFSO 21J

assasi9

i am looking to purchase my first breitling. i was going through the different watch collector galleries and i ran into ruby's SFSO. to me it looks like the only difference between his 21j SFSO and other dealer's ultimate SFSO's is the movement. case and everything else is the same. am i right or is there something i am missing?

BTW, his is here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=33950

i am looking to purchase my first breitling. i was going through the different watch collector galleries and i ran into ruby's SFSO. to me it looks like the only difference between his 21j SFSO and other dealer's ultimate SFSO's is the movement. case and everything else is the same. am i right or is there something i am missing?

BTW, his is here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=33950

Looks identical to me, ( mine is SOSF swiss ETA ) apart from the movement,

Good price considering the Swiss ETA is $358 shipped.

I have had all the SFSOs so far - even the gen...

Sorry to tell you: there are a few differences between the Asian an the Swiss.

I can only tell from the ones I had, there might be different version around.

-the Swiss has double AR, the Asian doesnt

-on the Swiss, the bezel engravings are smooth an deep, on the Asian they are rough and not as deep

-on the Swiss the lug-holes are perfectly places so the endlinks dont rattle, on the Asian the vary

-the worst thing is the inside: on the swiss there is a ledge ring where you can slide the movement-holder-ring-lugs underneath, this is missing on the asian so you can only use the unsecured plastic-movement-holder.

(did you get the last point? I am not native and had to consult the dictionary...)

So after all: the Asian looks close, but the swiss is the much better watch.

If you are heading for the white one: dont bother for the missing AR but on the dark dials it is a tell!

Reg

BJ