When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sinn U1000 (S) / EZM6

Seadweller4000

Looks amazing. The U series starting with the U1 has became the cult and most unique design for the Sinn branding. The new U1000 seems to be going in the right direction to follow on with the sucess of the U1. Unfortunately, the price has also been inflated over the years since U1 was introduced following its success. But really like the overall look of the U1000 black. Great military diver look.

I would like it a lot more of the crown and chrono depressors were on the right side... I can already imagine the inconvenience of setting the time. Not to mention, it looks like a mirrored reflection of itself. There are ways to make the "traditional" chrono look more unique, but flipping everything to the opposite end is just a lazy way to (try to) do it. Moreover, I find the rubber strap to be quite a misunderstanding considering the price range is so steep. A piece of rubber? On a luxury timepiece? In my opinion this watch is really nothing special.

Sorry!

I would like it a lot more of the crown and chrono depressors were on the right side... I can already imagine the inconvenience of setting the time. Not to mention, it looks like a mirrored reflection of itself. There are ways to make the "traditional" chrono look more unique, but flipping everything to the opposite end is just a lazy way to (try to) do it. Moreover, I find the rubber strap to be quite a misunderstanding considering the price range is so steep. A piece of rubber? On a luxury timepiece? In my opinion this watch is really nothing special.

You raise some interesting points, certainly worth responding to. :)

I don't think the left sided crown and pushers has anything to do with making the watch look unique. The EZM series are primarily designed for German elite law enforcement units. By having the crown/pushers on the left, they do not interfere with normal wrist action during operations, and there's less chance of anything snagging on them. Also, I think most people take their watches off when they set the time, so I don't think the inconvenience issue is a strong point.

As for the rubber strap, rubber has been successfully used by higher end brands such as Audemars Piguet, so it's not as though the market is going to be up in arms about Sinn's decision to use it as well. Even so, the watch will probably be available with leather strap or SS bracelet at some stage.

Okay guys, I've had it on my wrist. Let me report, it is really handsome and worth every single penny...

Looks so cool even on my skinny wrist!

If I had the money I would have signed up for it at once!

Believe me, you can feel the quality, way better than any genuine breitling I have held so far.

You gotta push down the bezel for example, before it may turn clock counterwise. It gives a very loud and smooth CLICK, no rattling, no moving anywhere else than counterclockwise... It is secured against getting off, no matter how hard you should ever dang it against something. Even with thick gloves absolutely no problem to use.

There is more hightech in this watch than in Breitling, Omega or Fortis together.

It has 4(!) argon cartridges to prevent any moisturing, 1 on the dial and 3 around and under the movement.

The movement is completely overworked and the chrono at six is now counting 60 minutes (instead of 30), when activated.

You can actually start and stop the chronograph in a pressure up to 100bars (1000m). No Breitling I know of can do that.

And remember that the full case is made of tegimented (extra hardened) Uboat-steel.

And I am pretty sure that this watch will rise in prise, soon.

These new Sinn's look good -- not great IMO but nice :)

Once you have had a chrono with left-side pushers I doubt you will go back :)

I will let you try to figure out which one I have:

Left-side chrono pushers

Central minutes hand

In-house SWISS auto movmt

Display back

Rotating inner bezel

43mm

Carbon-fiber face

A work of art. BTW -- as nice as the left-side pushers are -- the central minutes indicator is my favorite chrono feature - so much more usable.

Edited by azmindreader

Don't get me wrong, I really love Sinn but this sucker is

18mm (!!) high. It looks ridiculous! No wonder it works

up to a depth of 1,000 meters. It will drag you under

water like a lead belt.

Haha, I think it looks wayyyyyy cool!

:D

Check out this review:

http://www.watchreport.com/2008/01/the-sinn-u1000.html