When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Horotec or Bergeon?

stilty

I'm looking to get a new set of screwdrivers and upgrade from my current set. My local supply house carries both lines, but does not have either set in stock so I can't compare.

Anyone use either the Horotec or Bergeon screwdrivers? Thoughts?

I'm thinking of going Bergeon as they seem to be a standard on most benches. $100+ for a set with stand.

I'm looking to get a new set of screwdrivers and upgrade from my current set. My local supply house carries both lines, but does not have either set in stock so I can't compare.

Anyone use either the Horotec or Bergeon screwdrivers? Thoughts?

I'm thinking of going Bergeon as they seem to be a standard on most benches. $100+ for a set with stand.

Horotecs are nicer. But as much as I'd like a set of these...

sd-201bbset.jpg

....$225 is out of my league as a part time tinkerer.

Bergeons are fine. :)

There was discussion recently @ NAWCC forum, that the Bergeon blade quality had dropped off of late.(but i'm sure they were still happy enough with the drivers)

I have an old set, which are great, and fortunately got a large supply of older blades (but not all sizes)

May pay to ask the question, and also see if Horotec blades, (or whatever your guy stocks) will retrofit!

I could spare you a few, (although the popular sizes are light on)

Offshore

I use Bergeon, but mainly because I was taught to use them. But I have heard nothing but good things about the Horotecs, so I think it is mostly a case of personal preference -- which feels better in your hand (similar to the way you try on watches). Both are industry standards, so you cannot lose either way.

I sold my Bergeron screwdrivers and replaced them with the Horotec ones. Horotec in my opinion is far better quality, the Horotec ones are all ball bearings on the rotating heads, and you can really feel the difference when your using them. The Horotec blades are also so much better than the Bergeron ones.

Most of my tools are Horotec, bezel remover, bracelet tool, crystal press etc... expensive YES, high quality YES YES...

I bought the 9 piece Horotec set in the wooden box, and installed them in my Bergeron holder, they were just over $100 for the set.

And I sold the Bergeron ones for $75...so I got a good deal.

RG

• 1 month later...
I bought the 9 piece Horotec set in the wooden box, and installed them in my Bergeron holder, they were just over $100 for the set.

I ended up buying the same set. I've been looking around, and found a set for $65/ including shipping. I haven't used them yet, but they sure do feel nice. I like the ball bearing top as well.

Do you mind telling us where you picked up ths set my friend ?

Don't mind at all....

www.bostonwatchexchange.com

I think I may have bought the last set as I don't see them listed anymore. They were on sale so I'm guessing they were on clearance. $49.95 + $15 to ship to Canada. I wanted a set on the rotating stand, but for that price, I could not pass. The SLP was $119.99. Ofrei has them for $98, so I think I found a good deal.