When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some pics of a DSN 127 'Fiddy'

mezzanine

I received a watch from another member through trade, and even though I told myself I wouldn't try it on and wear it until he received his, I couldn't help myself from snapping a few pics and generating an initial impression of the watch.

I was immediately taken by the strong interior AR on the crystal. I know it's considered to be slightly over-done, but I feel that it improves the overall look of the watch. The gold hands add a focal point and contrast that gives the simplicity of the pam a needed jolt.

I am probably going to look to V to craft a strap for this one, especially seeing how awesome some of the new hides are that he recently got hold of. Unfortunately, where it was probably going to be a trade, due to what looks like a lost package in the mail system :( , it might take a little while longer before I'm able to swing it. I don't know whether a gold stitch on the black greek hide, or the new burgundy hide would look, but having seen V's work, I'd encourage anyone to jump on-board.

The person I traded watches with made some really cool straps of his own- but I'm a one-strap kinda guy...I like to get a good custom one that I really feel matches it well and then leave it on the watch indefinitely.

Without further ado...

Here's a profile shot of the domed crystal that has made DSN's fiddy sought after:

DSC00843.jpg

Some wrist shots:

DSC00853.jpg

DSC00851.jpg

DSC00850.jpg

DSC00838.jpg

A lume shot of the watch after maybe 15 seconds exposed to 60 watts at around 12 inches-

DSC00854.jpg

Thanks for checking out the mini-review of this highly sought after watch.

DSC00835.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Just curious why can't we get it any more? DSN Fiddy is from David right?

You can still buy a Fiddy from DSN, but it won't be an "Ultimate Fiddy". The so called "Swiss ETA 6497 with correct bridges, swan neck dagger movement" is not available anymore.

You can still buy one from him with an Asian 6497 movement. They are "just as good", unless you wear the watch backwards. ;)

Hi fendushi thanks for the info. So am'I right to say if getting a DSN Fiddy now, dial wise, hands etc all the same as the ultimate version just that the movement is different now, no more swiss 6497 movement? I took a look at his album the ultimate is there maybe its not updated that's why I thought its still available.

Hi fendushi thanks for the info. So am'I right to say if getting a DSN Fiddy now, dial wise, hands etc all the same as the ultimate version just that the movement is different now, no more swiss 6497 movement? I took a look at his album the ultimate is there maybe its not updated that's why I thought its still available.

The best thing to do is to contact him and ask... B)

You can still buy a Fiddy from DSN, but it won't be an "Ultimate Fiddy". The so called "Swiss ETA 6497 with correct bridges, swan neck dagger movement" is not available anymore.

You can still buy one from him with an Asian 6497 movement. They are "just as good", unless you wear the watch backwards. ;)

Actually the Asian 6497 is more visually accurate than the Swiss version. It just isn't considered as "good" mechanically as the Swiss movement by most.

Actually... I had a look at his album. The movement on his "Ultimate Fidddy" section is still the needle swan neck, not the correct dagger swan neck like my pic on my previous post above.