When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean 45,5 mm...

lello

Gen XL PO logo:

genpoxllogocx8.jpg

Curiously, lello's pic shows a decent logo when unshrunk:

lellospologodetailxp9.jpg

...but unfortunately it must be just an optical effect (jpg compression?), as lello's other pics clearly show the incorrect logo. :(

I would send it back. im not an Omega expert by any means so this is just my personal opinion. The small lug/bracelet size is a big difference from the gen. If it wasnt for that i would probably keep it. It looks pretty good.

dizz

Sorry guys, I might been misunderstood.

When I was showing that close up pic of the logo, that pic was altered by myself in Photoshop and I just wanted to show how I meant to modify it to improve it.

But I would like to show you these pictures I put side by side, to compare a few different dealers models, vs the gen.

upo_reps_vs_gen280.jpg.xs.jpg

It seams that Silix one, is the only one having the correct logo and this is great.

But the dial, has the indices at 12 - 3 - 6 - 9, too short.

So, what I would like to do, is getting the watch from Angus and getting a spare dial from Silix.

Then replacing the dial on Angus watch, but replacing also the too short indices, with the ones on Angus dial.

Also, the one from Andrew or Joshua, seams to have the right font on numbers, while Silix and Angus don't. :wacko:

But on Angus pages, I only found a PO 45mm with Asian 21J....

Do you know if he also has the swiss 2836 version?

Edited by lello

I must have missed something, Tak. I thought this was this logo on the PO being discussed.

Sorry JB, maybe it's my fault as I didn't remark enough that that pic was edited in Photoshop, as I was just showing the way I wanted to mod the actual logo, cutting those little edges on logo feet.

Now that I found out that the Silix version has correct logo, I won't need to make that mod anymore.

you guys spoiled my day :( I noticed after reading this topic my UPO from Andrew has the wrong logo :angry2:

I want to try to make your day better than:

If you've got the UPO from Andrew, it surely has the right font on numbers.

The one from Silix, which is the only UPO with the right logo (for what I know), numbers are not accurate.

See this pic:

numbers_upo_553.jpg.xs.jpg

The only real solution to this problem is to order a genuine dial Ofrei. Not only will this solve the problem of the logo, but you will also get the bright orange markers, if this is your thing like it is mine.

I have had plans to do this since receiving my UPO for Christmas, but the $212 price tag for the dial, plus $60 for the hands, has kept me from biting the bullet.

The only real solution to this problem is to order a genuine dial Ofrei. Not only will this solve the problem of the logo, but you will also get the bright orange markers, if this is your thing like it is mine.

I have had plans to do this since receiving my UPO for Christmas, but the $212 price tag for the dial, plus $60 for the hands, has kept me from biting the bullet.

If I understood right, it would be enough to put the Silix logo, on Andrew, or Joshua (and probably also others) watches, to have it right..., no need to spend $$$$ for the gen dial and hands.

Personally I want the white numerals, not orange, but I will need to make re lume anyway...

po_1134.jpg.xs.jpg

po_2391.jpg.xs.jpg

logo_po112.jpg.xs.jpg

I had previously asked a question on which generation/version of PO that comes with smaller thinner crown, that's almost flush to the watch body.

From the photos, the crown on this watch seems to be quite flush to the crown guard. So, maybe this is the version that I saw earlier. Perhaps it's 2rd or 3rd gen PO.

Edited by Mark Eleven