When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

One forr the newbies

dan156

Just a short note to all you newbies,, 95% of thee watchies being sold through this site.. will be so muuch better then any watch sold for the same price at your local watch shop,. what can you but for the same price. A timex.. or a very cheap sekio. No thanks.

I have got 2 watchs one 42mm po with eta and a 21j Asian 45.5 upo.. both a great .. Yes both have small flaws but who cares . when you first set out on this road .. you we get caught up in all these little things wrong logo wrong date font.. bla bla bla.. just find a good dealer and buy one .. Enjoy and remember as long as your happy...

No one will spot the diffence at your local club... and when you have got it on you few like a million dollars.....

Enjoy the power of the rep......

Just a short note to all you newbies,, 95% of thee watchies being sold through this site.. will be so muuch better then any watch sold for the same price at your local watch shop,. what can you but for the same price. A timex.. or a very cheap sekio. No thanks.

I have got 2 watchs one 42mm po with eta and a 21j Asian 45.5 upo.. both a great .. Yes both have small flaws but who cares . when you first set out on this road .. you we get caught up in all these little things wrong logo wrong date font.. bla bla bla.. just find a good dealer and buy one .. Enjoy and remember as long as your happy...

No one will spot the diffence at your local club... and when you have got it on you few like a million dollars.....

Enjoy the power of the rep......

I give all my watches the 10 second rule, if you cannot see anything visually wrong at first glance with the watch, then it should be okay. It's a rep after all and will always be a rep.

I give all my watches the 10 second rule, if you cannot see anything visually wrong at first glance with the watch, then it should be okay. It's a rep after all and will always be a rep.

I suppose that is a rule of thumb, but I am not so sure about that as advice to go on, thing that really bugs me is the rep which looks pretty good (even after ten seconds) but has non-functioning dials or chrono buttons, or can't be set to a time accurately, another bug bear is watches reps that go ten minutes a day out of synch (I have a beautiful PO, with correct logo, sharp printing, gen strap and it loses TEN minutes a day it is an Asian movement... can't wear it).

Welcome to the forum Dan. Your philosophy on rep watches is for the most part what it's all about. Have a great time and enjoy this exciting hobby.

Amen.A rep is a rep, some are better than others, but ultimately is an imitation, but a better or worse imitation. If you want the gen, and have money to buy it, buy it. Most people are unable to differentiate at first glance a good replica of an gen. Each will buy what you like, always wanted to have a submariner but seeing the quality of some replicas think that you have to be crazy to spend $ 5000, 8000 or 20000 in a genuine.

"Honeste Vivere, Alterum Non Laedere Et Suum Cuique Tribuere" Everyone should enjoy their purchase as best you can, and if any of you said "it

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys , first post so please be gentle. i've just ordered my first rep watch which is a po from exact replicas. does anyone rate them , only they sent me the wrong one and i then had to pay to ship it back ( even though it was their mistake which they admitted ). i was wondering if the quality is good as the wrong one they sent was not even one they have listed on their website and was pretty tacky to say the least. would be grateful for your wisdom on such matters. cheers guys.

hi guys , first post so please be gentle. i've just ordered my first rep watch which is a po from exact replicas. does anyone rate them , only they sent me the wrong one and i then had to pay to ship it back ( even though it was their mistake which they admitted ).

Welcome aboard...and you've come to the right spot. I hate to break it to you Pugilist...but you might have been pummelled.

Exactreplicas Search on RWG

Paying for dealer errors via buyer paying return shipping is standard...that's not the issue. The issue is inflated prices and much lower quality. If you haven't done much research to date...you might think the watch is alright...but when you read the volumes of info from the true libraries of info that is the user base here, you will start to realize what level of quality and value is really out there from the recommended dealers.

Read, research...buy a rep from the dealers here...be amazed and upgrade your membership to be a Supporter based on the money you save.

hi guys , first post so please be gentle. i've just ordered my first rep watch which is a po from exact replicas. does anyone rate them , only they sent me the wrong one and i then had to pay to ship it back ( even though it was their mistake which they admitted ). i was wondering if the quality is good as the wrong one they sent was not even one they have listed on their website and was pretty tacky to say the least. would be grateful for your wisdom on such matters. cheers guys.

Ok I see a lot of problems with the site....Gen watches, Grade 1, Japan 25 jewels, 440 grade steel.....it's all bull

that said however the prices are very reasonable so as long as the send you something that looks like a PO you wont be ripped off, however in future it would pay if you buy from the dealers associated with this board and then you will get what you pay for.

Ken

oh bugger. thankyou toadtorrent and all others. lets hope i atleast get the right one this time. have just had a look at some of the sites of the dealers on this site and i must say , i'm not happy. why oh why didn't i come here first instead of charging in like a bull. experience should be learnt from others mistakes and not by your own.

Wow!!! Lots of noobies (hambone/pug/vienna/ken don't count) on RWG now! Amazing! Place to live and learn.........sometimes I feel like doing research here in writing my Thesis entitled "Replica Watches - Everything You need to Know" or "Life of a Replica Watch Collector, from being Scammed....and Scammed Again to becoming an Expert" or "Replica Watch - the Collector's Diary", etc., etc., etc. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I suppose that is a rule of thumb, but I am not so sure about that as advice to go on, thing that really bugs me is the rep which looks pretty good (even after ten seconds) but has non-functioning dials or chrono buttons, or can't be set to a time accurately, another bug bear is watches reps that go ten minutes a day out of synch (I have a beautiful PO, with correct logo, sharp printing, gen strap and it loses TEN minutes a day it is an Asian movement... can't wear it).

Have you ever tried to regulate it? If you're nervous about it, just take it to a repair shop and have them do it for you. It's a common request from customers. They do it all the time, and it should only cost you a few dollars (or equivalent in your local currency).

I've had several done this way, and even do them myself these days. My ETA-powered Omega Byzantium rep for example, keeps the closest time to my Casio Wave Raptor. After synchronizing all my watches (reps and gens alike) two months ago to the aforementioned self-adjusting digital, the Byzantium is only eleven seconds behind it (slow). My guess is the gen of this wouldn't be this accurate. The rep cost me $150 last year!

Happy twiddlin'!

why oh why didn't i come here first instead of charging in like a bull. experience should be learnt from others mistakes and not by your own.

Why oh why do we stick our tongues on frozen sign-posts, or pick our noses while driving, or drink Coors-Lite...or...

Seriously...I almost did the same mistake...only found the board by accident...and stuck around because of the quality of board members and member activity. My stupid newb questions were answered promptly (thanks Lady V!) an all was well.

will be so much better then any watch sold for the same price at your local watch shop

Very true. You will never even think about buying the mall watches again much less care about giving them a glance as you walk by. ... and you can learn to regulate your own watch.

Usil