When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM253 sapphire & future modding?

hooky

Hi you Guys,

So i have this beautiful PAM253. I really really love it. Recently the mineral crystal popped off. Just like that while havind dinner at friends place. My rep was the joke of the evening I can tell you. <_<

In the mean time I ordered a new case with glass from my dealer, for just 25usd. Now all is together again, looking fine as ever.

In March I am planning to get the watch serviced and relumed. And also looking for a sapphire crystal to get it AR coated in the end, to make it perfect.

Was just wondering, does anyone know where to buy the sapphire crystal that will fit in this baby?

So, who does sell these sapphire crystals? I asked both Andrew and Davidsen, but neither are selling.

And what do you think of the watch, any suggestions for future modding? Btw, the strap is from Don Ginsler, Canada.

Cheers,

Jouke

Jouke,

don't know for sure but you should look on th sites of Ofrei or Cousins in the UK .

They sell saphire mineral and plastic criwstals fro watches in all different shapes ans sizes.

Btw did you buy a new case for 25 us dollars from your dealer ?? This is realy cheap.

Carpe Diem,

Cats

Jouke,

don't know for sure but you should look on th sites of Ofrei or Cousins in the UK .

They sell saphire mineral and plastic criwstals fro watches in all different shapes ans sizes.

Btw did you buy a new case for 25 us dollars from your dealer ?? This is realy cheap.

Carpe Diem,

Cats

Yes Sir, just the 25us dollars for a case and glass. Mineral glass though. And without the caseback. But still... you can imagine how much the real price of the watch is.... I guess i got it at the the cost price, since glasses should not pop off just after 5 months...

I've heard about Cousins in the UK, but i have no clue which crystal would fit the PAM253 case. If i'd only knew, i could let my local watch smith do the swap of the crystal.

Cheers!

• 1 year later...

I buy from sinowatches. (moderator if this not allowed, please delete this post)

don't expect a 25usd price. that was last year. and was a special price for me, because I am a good customer of mickey.

expect more a price of 75. Maybe you can get discount when you buy a watch or two from him.