When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Help from the Members: Got a special bottle for Ziggy

promotersf

Hey Guys:

I was touched awhile back when some fellow brothers decided to band together and get Rob a bottle of Reserva de la Familia tequila. The Zigmeister has modded so many of my watches that I am so thankful and I wanted to show my appreciation by sending him something special as well. I ordered a bottle of limited edition Partida Elegante Extra Anejo tequila back in December and it's finally shown up...tried to send it up, but got denied by UPS and USPS. I guess customs is a [censored] when trying to send any alcohol.

Are there any fellow RWG members who live on the border or plan on visiting Canada in the near future?...I would love to see if someone can help ship this once in Canada. I'm sure we've all benefited from Rob's craftsmanship and his knowledge that he's shared with all of us. Let me know if anyone can assist...this is a group effort on the part of RWG. Chieftang is also a donor as he's come through for me on a side project and instead of taking payment, he asked me to do something nice for RWG. I'm already a supporting member so I thought sending something to Rob and Jen would be like another gift from all of us.

PM me!

thanks

dave :victory:

post-359-1201737851_thumb.jpg

I am very near the Canadian boarder near Detroit. If there was a very trustworthy member who could meet just inside the US or me just inside Canada, I would gladly do a hand-off.

edit: In fact, we are planning a southern Michigan GTG March 1st or 2nd about 40 miles inside Michigan. Maybe there is a Canadian member who would like to join us and could pick it up as well.

Edited by Daytona4me

Thanks Slai, hopefully someone will be able to assist. If it wasn't a $350 bottle, I would just risk it through customs. Come on, let's do this for The Zigmeister! ;)

• 1 month later...
why don't you order such a bottle in Canada and get it delivered to Rob or did you buy the first one already?

Great gesture btw

Shipping alcohol across the border is nearly impossible. Absolutely no problem with reps however. :lol:

My next visit to the US is Orlando in June but that's pretty far out.

Thanks Slai,

I'm taking off for an overseas trip in April for 2.5 weeks, so you might be a possibility since I haven't found anyone. The Partida Elegante Extra Anejo is a special bottle so I definitely don't want it confiscated by sending from our side to Rob.

Any other members? membership bump :victory:

I know there are several members who live in Windsor and commute to Detroit, Troy, Ann Arbor Michigan that could take this back across the border with them. But like I said. I would be willing to meet someone in Port Huron (MI) Sarnia (ON) or Detroit (MI) Windsor (ON)

Pete25ca I think is 1/2 way between Niagara and Windsor I think.