When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What model dial is this?

894tom

I would like to buy this dial. Davidsen tells me he does not have this dial anymore. What model is it? I think it is the 111? Anyway. If you sell this dial, pm me and give me a quote. The lume looks a little green so if yours is not as green that is fine.post-8666-1201797817_thumb.jpg

Sandwich dial = H series or newer. This dial is also used in the 177. I can't believe that Davidsen isn't selling his sandwich 111/177 dial anymore. Did you ask him for THAT particular dial? That may be an older version that he doesn't produce anymore....

Yes I asked for that particular dial when I emailed him. Davidsen told me he does not have that dial and asked me to look for it with other dealers. Kinda seemed a little wierd he wouldn't suggest another similar model. I have always thought he was the best out here and really hate to have to buy it elsewhere....but whats a guy to do?

Anyway, it doesn't really concern me if its this particular dial, I just like the spacing of the "L Swiss Made L". If you know someone who can sell me a dial with that spacing...and with a little less green hue to the lume..I would be very happy. I am not a perfectionist, I just want the things you see from arms length to be somewhat correct. Thanks for any help you can provide...my "goto" guy doesnt seem to want to help. :cry:

The L SWISS MADE L spacing is good but the rest of the printing on that dial is poor. I don't see a big advantage there.

A few months ago I bought this 111 sandwich dial from Davidsen, because the L Swiss L looked pretty good to me, altough there are still a lot of flaws on this dial. Unfortunately I received another - newer - dial from him with even more flaws and the L Swiss L wrong again. He told me this was a very old picture and the batch was sold out.

I decided to keep the dial for the superlumed back and switched the front with one from a standard sandwich dial. Too bad it didn't fit in a standard case... :(